• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Type of Bunny Greens do you grow?

bobbedazzler

Warren Scout
:wave:

Just wondered what weird and wonderful things you grow for your bunnies to Nom on?

I've just bought some dandelion seeds (never thought I'd end up growing them - on purpose) and was having a nosey round ebay at meadow grass etc etc.

Do you grow any specific bunny greens? And if so, what?

(I'm not really sure what to buy for them but am willing to have a go at it).

:wave:

Just wondered what weird and wonderful things you grow for your bunnies to Nom on?

I've just bought some dandelion seeds (never thought I'd end up growing them - on purpose) and was having a nosey round ebay at meadow grass etc etc.

Do you grow any specific bunny greens? And if so, what?

(I'm not really sure what to buy for them but am willing to have a go at it).

Oooooh interesting thread, I'll be interested to know what everyone grows so i can get some ideas on what i can have a go at growing for my bunnikins :D

I'm growing various herbs (basil, parsley etc), dandelions, and I got a mix of seed off ebay (shop called the shelled warrior) which is a mix of wild plants that bunnies can eat.

Am also planting tubs of Calendula and Nastrurtium for them to eat :D

I'm growing various herbs (basil, parsley etc), dandelions, and I got a mix of seed off ebay (shop called the shelled warrior) which is a mix of wild plants that bunnies can eat.

Oh your seed mix sounds interesting, you don't have a link do you? I don't know how to search for specific sellers/shops on there! :?

Green oat grass, plantain, lemon balm, mint, rosemary, an apple tree (newly planted just for the bunnies :lol:)

I'm growing basil, parsley, rocket, green pepper, tomatoes, strawberries and mint for my buns - also growing rosemary but the buns don't like it... not a problem though, I'll have it on my roast dinners! :D

Well I have a sage bush on my allotment. Growing dandelions and plantain from seed (and unintentionally on allotment). Got basil, parsley, dill and thyme plants couple of days ago so when they're bigger they'll go over there too. Got lemon balm in a pot in the garden and some fennel which is struggling. Also growing quite a bit of coriander. Kohlrabi, bottoms for me and tops for them. Er, what else. Carrot tops. Think that's it for the moment.

This year I am growing pak choi, swiss chard, parsley, coriander, basil, sage, thyme, marjorum, mint, purple sprouting, fennel, camomile, carrots and lots of other different herbs including rosemary and lavender.

Shelled warriors is the tortoise forums shop :wave:. Another wonderful forum.

Blimey!! Looks like I better get cracking with my growing again this year ....... last year I grew all sorts but so far this year I have yet to get my backside into gear!!

Still have strawberry, raspberry and ribena berry bushes on the go but really need to get to grips with some other bunny-friendly treats!

Unfortunately I can't get the link to that shop to work :(:?

Thanks

:D

Blimey!! Looks like I better get cracking with my growing again this year ....... last year I grew all sorts but so far this year I have yet to get my backside into gear!!

Still have strawberry, raspberry and ribena berry bushes on the go but really need to get to grips with some other bunny-friendly treats!

Unfortunately I can't get the link to that shop to work :(:?

Thanks

:D

Go on google type shelled warriors form and there's a link to their shop on their forum afaik. :wave:

one year it didntmatter what i grew free range they nomed whatever they could get thier teefs into :lol:

Back