• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Own veg patch - what can bunnies...

Dobbin

Mama Doe
...have? I am just wondering mainly about the leaves off things like parsnips, turnip, beetroot, radish, spinach, pak choi?

Could anyone please tell me what they can have from this area? I have my own veg garden and was just thinking about the tops of these things which i normally throw away but wondered if Dobbin - and hopefully Isobel would like them?!

Also has anyone on here ever dried their own dandelion leaves and flowers before? If so - how do you do it please?

Thanks

Sue
xx

My piggies and visiting buns like basil, coriander and parsley, carrot tops (and the odd carrot!), broc leaves/stems, cut and come again lettuce for the piggies, outer leaves of little gem lettuce (again piggies). Not sure about the others Sue so will be interesting to follow this thread.

Would also love to know if you can dry/store your own dandelions - would save a fortune!!

I give my buns some of the leaves you've mentioned.
Never given them turnip or parsnip leaves as we don't grow them because they don't grow well in our climate.
I also always feed herbs from the garden which keeps the buns very happy & is a big money saver.
Never dried dandelions but good idea for times of the year when they are scarce.

I dry dandelions on a sheet of paper in the airing cupboard - works a treat! have a nice shoe box full now :D .... well I did have, a small furry thing keeps emptying it though :lol:

Great - Thank you very much. This i will try drying dandelions and the leaves - buns love them and will save a bit of money.

That leaflet is fantastic - thank you! Printing it out now - will laminate it and put it up in the bunnies shed to remind me and any visitors!!

Sue
xx

Back