• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Curious, how much do you cost you on veges and herbs per week?

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
I buy my dill, coriander and parsley from Worldwide and Meezhan (they sell fresh veg and all the world foods) I have to got there at least 3 times a week, and buy 2 bunches of each herb each time. The herbs are 2 for 99p at the moment so it's awesome and the bunches are massive. So that £9 a week just on Dill, Flat-leaf parsley and coriander.

I then buy them 4 bags of spring greens (98p) each so £4.00ish, 4 Sweetheart cabbages (68p) each, 1 broccoli, depending average about £1.00, 4 packs of baby corn (£1.00 a pack), 4 packs of sugar snap peas (£1.00 a pack), 2 packs of curly kale (98p a pack), 2 packs of choi sum (£1.50 a pack), 6 packs of thyme (69p a pack), 4 bunches of curly leaf Parsley (£1.17 each),3 packs of pak choi (£1.50) and 4 packs of Basil (69p a pack).

They get the occasional carrot which I buy loose, and abit of banana about once a month, but I'll exclude these..my 6 cost me though just on veges and herbs and astounding £45.80 a week :shock:.

The other day an old man stopped me to tell me a garden was growning in my trolley :oops:.

Hmmm This said my bunnehs are perfect weights and have always eaten these amounts, I should probably add that I don't buy all these in one shop, since the bunnies need fresh things. so about 3 times a week.:shock:

Lola is actually underweight, anywho just curious do your bunnies cost this much or are do my monsters have expensive tastes?! :lol:

I don't know how much I spend but when I'm unloading at the check out people must think I'm a really health freak cause of all my herbs and veggies!!! Little do they know :lol:

I don't know how much I spend but when I'm unloading at the check out people must think I'm a really health freak cause of all my herbs and veggies!!! Little do they know :lol:

haha same here :lol: makes me feel oddly more healthy though even though I'm not eating it! I dont even dare to tally up my weekly spend, but probably close to yours Jaysmonkey - all I know is there's no money left for me to spend on clothes DVDs etc anymore :lol:

Not a lot... Charlie will not eat most veg. The thing he likes most is brocolli and he can't have that every day, and the only other thing he'll eat (fairly reluctently) is carrot.
So I give him dried dandelion which works out at about £2 a week, if that

Mine have offcuts from our dinner for stuff they can eat. We don't buy herbs very often as they are so expensive from the supermarket! We get a large bunch of parsley for 89p from a local farm shop when we go past but it's a 20 min drive so we don't go there that often. We do buy some things special for them like spring greens. In fact, you've made me realise I don't have anything to give them tonight. Uh oh. I'm growing some veggies myself this year so we'll have lots of leaves and things to give them plus I've bought myself some herb plants to have a herb area up the allotment.

So basically. I don't know. :lol:

It costs me around 3.00 for the head of kale, the spring greens mix and various other fruits and veggies. :lol:

I spend between £5-£10 a week on veg for my 8.
They get a mixture of greens, cabbage, broccoli, peppers, curly kale as a daily staple. They also get swede, turnip, parsnip and carrots on an occasional basis. I always keep an eye on the reduced veg section in my local Tesco because it's amazing what you can get in there... they only get herbs if they're reduced :oops: :lol: and then there are the various mixed salad bags and rocket etc

Nothing. My grandma is always cooking, and gives me a bag of veg peelings every day or too.

For a week

2 Bags of Spring greens 98p
Bag of Carrots 68p
2 bags of parsley £1
2 Bags of Corriander £1
Broccoli £1
Celery 98p

= £6.64

I could no way afford to spend £45 a week on veg :shock:

£42.80 per week, :shock::shock::shock: i bet your buns are the best fed buns in the world.:lol:
I normally spend upto 8 pounds per week on herbs and veg for 1 bun 2 guineas and a dwarf hamster.:wave:

I but 2 pots of growing herbs a week for £2.00, then, when most of them are eaten I put them in the greenhouse to re-grow. I pick dandelions, brambles, etc from the garden - cost: nothing. 1 bag of carrots a week (shared with the dog and G.Pigs) £1.00. I'm also growing herbs, flowers etc for them to eat, and I but the cheaper seeds from Wilkinsons which grow just as well. Other than that they eat grass.

An occasional treat is carrot tops (that type of carrot costs more). If they have banana it's just a tint taste from what we already have in. Same with apple.

Over winter I have to buy more, usually about £4.00 extra on greens etc.

My bunnies are less expensive than the guinea pigs to feed!

Bag of spring greens 80p
A couple of carrots 25p
Brocolli 50p
Occasionally some basil 69p

A chap I work with bring me in a few of his offcuts/leftovers

And then they get dandelions from the garden

So a total of approx £2.24 a week between 4 buns :D

I'd grow things if I had a garden or a windowsill, but I don't :(, when I get my flat I get a windowsill! :lol:

My £45 is from my student loan :shock:, oh well they're worth it. :oops::love::love:

Should add so much greens because all my bunnies will not eat any greens that aren't dark, so the inner leaves are always put in the compost or eaten by me :lol:.

Well I've just done my bunny shop for veg on my way home from work and spent £6.50 on 2 mahoosive cabbages, spring greens, cucumber, tomatoes (for us to share!), celery, swede, brocolli, corriander, parsley, parsnips and pak choi :D

I get a large bunch of corriander, fenugreek, dill, mint....65p each...basil 78p, spring greens 98p, and market for carrot tops £1 but I vary everything but works about £2-2.50 for 2 buns

Tonights tea teas!

SDC12926.jpg

SDC12925.jpg

This is just for Lola and Max :D.

In summer, nothing, because I feed them entirely on stuff from the garden. In winter maybe £5 a week for the two buns...they get things like celery, fennel, saldy leaves, broccoli, cabbage, kale, chicory and herbs. I would be bankrupt if I spent £45 a week on veg :lol:

Back