• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what size rabbit

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
hi all i am getting my netherland dwarf a friend do i have to get the same size or doesnt that matter in bunny land for instance could i happily keep mine and a lionhead together thankx for reading xxx

Size wont matter.
I would give him a month to chill, and get the girl spayed and a month to chill. After that that when thier hormones have settles a bit you can then try to bond them on neutral territory.:)

lovely thanx for the advice i go on holiday end of june so il leave it til then and get a nuetered female from a rescue now i know i can get any size thanx again xxx

Hi anybun will do, buns dont care about size or breed. Having said that they do tend to prefer a member of the opposite sex so definatly try and get a female (spayed of course!)
i agree with amy, id give him another few weeks before bonding. However in the meantime you can always bring your new bun home and settle her in. If you house them in the same room so they can see and smell eachother but not get to eachother it might help them get used to eachother, thus helping with the bonding when you go for it.
Good luck, piccys please! :love:

lovely thanx for the advice i go on holiday end of june so il leave it til then and get a nuetered female from a rescue now i know i can get any size thanx again xxx

great idea to go to a rescue, as people have said, a spayed female will be best :) good luck!! post lots of pics for us xx

Back