• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Of Tufty Update post 19 not good

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Tufty , one of the Elkesley buns, is in today for a GA, he is being castrated and having a dental
I don't normally worry about buns going for neutering but this little chap is a worry.:(
I would normally take a bun like him up to our other vets for a conscious dental, but traveling has not helped him... so to save him the stress of another, longer journey he's in for a ga.
Vet said while he is out they may aswell castrate him to save him another GA later

So loads of vibes please

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Tufty (((((((((((vibes)))))))))))

and for any other honeybunnies in today (Foxy?)

For dentals we use Gamston Vets4Pets in East Notts
Two vets there, Annie and Rachel do conscious dentals

We have in the past used The Coventry Vacs Clinic too..there was a lovely vet there called Rebecca Rowe but she moved..I think to Leamington Spa so someone on here may know her

The vac Clinic in Cov do have another vet also called Rebecca who does them too:D

For dentals we use Gamston Vets4Pets in East Notts
Two vets there, Annie and Rachel do conscious dentals

We have in the past used The Coventry Vacs Clinic too..there was a lovely vet there called Rebecca Rowe but she moved..I think to Leamington Spa so someone on here may know her

The vac Clinic in Cov do have another vet also called Rebecca who does them too:D

Thanks Jill, the Gamston vets sound too far. Maybe the coventry would be worth a try.

Guy Carter in watford is our closest vet but it is such a pain getting in and out of watford I wondered if somewhere up the M1 might be quicker to get to even if its further :?

ETA just googled the coventry clinic it is a good hour and a half away :(

Last edited:
Not great news sadly:cry:
Tufty came through the op fine but, the vet confirmed what I already thought, he is a very old bunny with dreadful dental disease

Two of his molars just fell out when she touched them..no bleeding at all
His right side molars grow at an angel straight towards his cheek
She thinks his tooth roots are in an awful state..and his comfortable life expectancy is not long:cry:
So..we will either look for a trusted sanctuary space where we will pay his costs..I do have one person in mind..if not he will stay here and be spoilt for the time he has left

On a postive note Foxy came through spey fine

Back