• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT help needed - carriers/boxes

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I'm going to pick up the RSCPA Malvern buns tomorrow afternoon and take them to Kay, but just thought I'd put this request in now in case it turns out that I have nothing to transport them in.

I have carriers and boxes, but not enough to transport buns (which consist of three bonded giants!) does anyone local to me have big carriers they could lend me?

Hurricain Honey, Michelleox, Teflon's Shadow, Raine? I live in Charlbury on the Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire border and could come and pick them up from you tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I'm in South Warwickshire and I have large carriers you could borrow if it would help

i'm in dursley and have a collapsable dog cage that would probably take all 3? i can measure it if it's of any use? :wave:

Thanks so much for your help Indigo and Snowy. There are 9 giants in total... it'll be a real jigsaw puzzle trying to work out who to fit where. Would you mind measuring your carriers that you think might fit 3 bonded giants and I'll compare the sizes against my car... x

Ive got two extra large voyagers. One is slightly damaged on the top, but its usable. The voyagers each will take two french lops in comfort. Two voyagers fit across the back seat of a Vectra.

When do you need them for. As you have a long journey tomorrow, Ill drive them over tonight if you give me your address etc.

Apologies to anyone I'm not getting back to quick enough!

I'm just waiting to hear from Sarah at RSPCA Worcester to tell me how many carriers I can actually use to transport the buns or whether I have to bring carriers a long to put everybun into.

Raine, I'm away from home all day til about 9pm tonight but I'm in Eynsham at the moment and could pick up your carriers on the way back from work.

Can you PM me your mobile number?

There arte 10 giants in total I have now been told. A trio, a foursome and 3 single males. Apparently the trio can be split if needs be as two of them aren't getting on to great with the third apparently so that could be split into a two and a one if that helps.

Oh Lordy.

We now have 10 contis - a group of 4, a group of 3, a group of 2, a group of 1 single bun.

With no carriers available!

SO, I need carriers. Anybody got anything you think would fit any of these groups?

Worst case scenario, I take as many as I can and leave 2 or 3 at the vets, then go back at the weekend. The vets have apparently said, any reduction from 10 giants would be a blessing!

Are you in this afternoon?

i am in until 3, then i'm out until gone 8, but my son will be in while i am out when he gets home from school at 4 :) if you want the carrier i can leave it in the hallway for you :) i will be in yate from 4-8

i am in until 3, then i'm out until gone 8, but my son will be in while i am out when he gets home from school at 4 :) if you want the carrier i can leave it in the hallway for you :) i will be in yate from 4-8

Indigo, thanks for your details via PM! ;)

Do you think any of your carriers would fit 4?

You can borrow my large one if you like. You can pick it up from Kidlington tomorrow morning :wave:

Thanks, fantastic! Can you PM me your mobile number again (in case I can't find it!) and the address of where you'll be in kiddy tomorrow lunctime? How many giants could fit in your carrier do you think?

Right, Michelleox is hopefully going to drive half the buns up as well tomorrow.. that means we'll be able to get all of them to Kay's.

What we need now is carriers, carriers, carriers...

Back