• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - My bunnies are broken!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks :wave:

My bunnies dont work anymore!:lol: I get up on a morning and give them their breakfast and then put them in the garden - there are tubes and grass trays and everything in the garden for them - but they just dont seem interested. They just want to sit huddled up under the bench.

When I let them in they come straight into the front room - and head under the coffee table and stay flopped under there for the rest of the day - popping out now and then for toilet breaks and nom noms.

Lucy is getting rather portly as well - why are they getting so lazy?

I leave them out for about 2 hours on a morning - and then they go back out for about two hours at tea time.

Why are my bunnies so lazy?

Its sunny in back garden - even in front room all they want to do is doss under the table.

1.5 and 2. For the first 15 mins they have a run about - and sniff - then they just sit huddled watching my every move at the kitchen window!:lol:

The garden is huge - it has grass trays, tunnels, boxes, step stools, herbs, even a digging patch!

My boys have just turned one, and now they have established their routine.

Early hours til I get up and feed them = playtime
7 - 9 = breakfast, grooming, dozing
9 - 11 = have a nose and see if something interesting's going on, a bit more feeding, a bit more grooming
11 - 12 = serious grooming!
12 - 4 (it used to be 3!) = SLEEP - DO NOT DISTURB!
4 - 6 = eat, groom, relax
6 - bedtime = eat, groom, play, doze

I think they are quite active at night, I know they get lively after I have covered them up at night, and however early I go out in the morning (even before 5) they are up and bouncing.

Thats the same as mine!!!!! They love each other so much so I dont worry too much as I know they need bunny company more than my company - but its getting a bit anti social now:lol::lol:

I go and sit with them to read a book or do some writing, and they will come and have a nose at what I'm doing and ask for a stroke (they don't do cuddles!)

They'll come running up to say hello every time I go out unless I going during their afternoon nap - and then they just ignore me :lol:, but once we've had a greeting they go back to whatever they're doing quite happily.

I like the fact that they're relaxed and chilled out - I love seeing them flop out next to each other :D

Do you hand feed their pellets or any treats? That's one way to make sure they give you some attention :D

As soon as they hear the pellet jar rattle they come to me and I always brush Lola in the garden as she is moulting, as soon as I go out in the garden they race to the back door.

The do love to chase my old cats though - I cant believe how tolerant they are of each other - my old cats go in the rabbit house and curl up and they never bother each other - Lola just likes to chase them now and then!

As soon as they hear the pellet jar rattle they come to me and I always brush Lola in the garden as she is moulting, as soon as I go out in the garden they race to the back door.

The do love to chase my old cats though - I cant believe how tolerant they are of each other - my old cats go in the rabbit house and curl up and they never bother each other - Lola just likes to chase them now and then!

At least that's giving them some exercise :lol:

Aww bless them, Princess wanders about for ages, then flops for 5 mins, she's too scared of missing summit that she's soon back up.

She's so much more active on a night though.

Oh mine are like that. Run around for 15 minutes when I'm around and then flop out the rest of the time.

:lol::lol: bertie feels much better about himself now........hes not the only one!!
the vet says put him in the garden for a few hours exercise. um apart from a few nom noms of dandelions..hes asleep!!! but i have to carry the bigold fella in.....
its too cold for him right now..his chest fur hasnt grown back from the heart scan! brrrr

i love it...the teeniest buns seem to scare cats more than the big ones do!

Back