• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i get alfie neutered?

_alfie

Young Bun
as far as i know alfie is quite heathly but he has started being a real big pest, i know rabbits don't like being lifted but alfie just goes crazy, i've got about 10 scratches on my arm right now. He's bitten me twice and he wakes me up through the night, sometimes he's okay but this morning he thumped his feet from 6 o'clock to about half six, when i just desided to bring him down stairs, it's kinda always loud in here so i was thinking he might just be bored upstairs. So i am thinking about getting him neutered, i've had him about 4 months now, so is it still okay to get him neutered, i know nothing about getting him neutered but if it helps him, im up for it.

pleaase help :)

Yes, please do neuter him. It will help with his behaviour and litter training. Your vet should be able to do the surgery so pop along and ask about it.

Once he's neutered and his hormones have settled you could get him a spayed does for company.

Thanks, my mum is gonna phone the vets today and make an appontiment.
I've been asking for another bun, mabye i'll get one :D :love:

yes it's best to get him done to calm him down, and also getting him a companion in the future too :wave: good luck alfie

Are there any health benefits from castrating a male the way there is with spaying a female? Just jumping in :oops:

Are there any health benefits from castrating a male the way there is with spaying a female? Just jumping in :oops:

There is a chance of testicular cancer but it is no where near as high as it is for uterine cancer.

It is also said to help reduce the chance of flystrike as castration reduces smell :?

Back