• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are the buns ok to go outside now?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I have been shed building today so really excited about the buns new home :D but i have just been outside and its quite cold :?

Probably wont be until next week now as still got quite a lot to do in there.

Will they be ok to go out now or is it too early?? :?:?:?
The problem is they have been living in the living room since they come back from bonding so I can keep an eye on them and even though we havrnt got the heating on its still quite warm but cant really sit here with a window wide open!!

Im going to miss them :cry::cry:

Personally I think it is still too cold overnight for Buns who have been indoors to be relocated outside. It should be warmer by this time of year but we are having unseasonally cold weather atm.

The forecast said it was minus 2 last night in places so definately too cold to move them outside.

I have bunnies waiting to move out too, but I wont do it until the night temps are at least 8 degrees or more

Thank you I will probably wait a few weeks and see if the weather picks up a bit..
The shed is going to take a few weeks anyway as we can only do it on our days off!

It did feel very cold last night - does anyone know what the temp should be before its ok?

I was lucky Albert and Evie went out a couple of months ago when it was regularly 8c+ at night here. They had been in an unheated room which had only been about 10c overnight. I wouldnt want to be putting them out now it has gone chilly again

Back