• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

big enough?

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I have two nethie cross girls and am planning on introducing a french lop buck.
We've just bought an 8x6 shed and will have it attached to a 6x6 run which is only about 2ft tall.
will that be ok or does the run have to be tall enough for the lop to stand on it's back legs?
will the run even be big enough?

so many questions!!

edit: they will also have free run of the garden for a few hours most days.

I have two nethie cross girls and am planning on introducing a french lop buck.
We've just bought an 8x6 shed and will have it attached to a 6x6 run which is only about 2ft tall.
will that be ok or does the run have to be tall enough for the lop to stand on it's back legs?
will the run even be big enough?

so many questions!!

edit: they will also have free run of the garden for a few hours most days.

I think it sounds a great size, although the height may be a slight issue though, but it would be fine at first if the lop is a baby!

The lop is 3 months old at the moment and already about twice the size of my two girlies!

I found him at a terrible breeder and have phoned the rspca so hopefully he'll be coming from them - I wasn't sure whether they would let me adopt him with that size accommodation and with the two girls I have.

am I right in thinking because he has somewhere to stretch out (the shed) that it doesn't matter that he can't reach full height in the run? or will I have to change the run to make it taller?
We're being forced to update from our existing set up (willow palace + attached run) because I just don't think he'd get up the ramp and through the little door! despite it being listed as 'suitable for giant rabbits' :roll:

Back