• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionheads.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
What are lionheads supposed to look like.
The 2 we have at the moment who have completely different coats ( although they may be mixed breeds, how 'pure' are lionheads)

Katie is quite sleek and has a smooth coat, Jess was the same.
Mallow is a bit fluffy, not long haired but it doesn't lie flat it fluffs.:lol:

There are various different types of lionhead, but it sounds like you are talking about a single mane lionhead (i.e. more just around the head, possibly a small skirt) and a double mane lionhead (the more fluffy, more lion looking). you can also get 'teddy lionheads' but I believe those don't have proper fur.

The single mane has inherited one lionhead gene (and may or may not lose their mane), and the double mane has inherited two lionhead genes.

I believe Mimah /Jemimah/ Moomin is a lionhead. :love:

SDC10711-1.jpg

A double mane one I believe Jaysmonkey, and a very, very cute one at that. look at that face!

We've been told that Nutmeg is a purebred lionhead. How true that is I don't know.

_IGP7349-vi.jpg

This was today she needs a bit of a brush but she's grumpy and I'm grumpy so maybe today isn't a good day. :lol:

Fuzzums is a lionhead too! :D

We have to trim the fur inbetween her eyes/above her nose because it gets too long and gets in her eyes:

070809090.jpg

070809085.jpg

Back