• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it

mwl

Warren Scout
ok for a young bun to be gnawing at my clothes when I have her on my lap? What does this mean and how can it be avoided?

My boys are a year old now and still like chewing clothes! I just make sure I'm wearing something old if I need to have them on my lap :lol:

It can mean many things, to be honest. Could mean 'stroke me more' or 'let me off' or 'I'm bored', or many things so try to look at it in context with what else is happening around the same time.

Is your bunny now an adolescent? If so, spaying/neutering may help, but if this is behavioural and learnt, then you have to break the behaviour, and that depends what is causing is as to how you break it.

When he does it, Try squeeky in a high pitch. It is the principle of how their fellow litter would react to being bitten when they are young. Once he knows his biting point and what he is allowed to chew you should.

Saying that some Bunnies just like certain things to chew. Ours is chargers and cables :censored::censored::censored:

Back