• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long should 15kg of readigrass last fourteen bunnies?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I just got my readigrass order and 15kg bale is massive. I just wanted to know how quickly or slowly i should feed this. Thanks.

sounds like a maths question! lol:)difficult to answer as bunnies will eat at different amounts per day-do you mean can you give unlimited? Mine have unlimited grass and hay but don't know about readigrass sue:wave:

Readigrass should only be fed in very small single handfulls, I would not give more than a very small handfull per bun per day. It is high in calcium.

Like all things you will need to introduce it slowly.

We get the smaller bag. I probably give a handful every week. I didn't know about the calcium aspect of it, I just thought it might be too rich for them. Its more a treat and to get them foraging than anything.

great thankyou- that gives me something to go on. I will bear this in mind when feeding mine. More for the rescue bunnys when they finally arrive.

Back