• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackberry at the vets - gut vibes please

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Blackberry was bouncing like normal this morning, but when I went to clean them out at lunchtime he was stretched out and looked trembly and hadn't finished eating his breakfast. I brought him and Buttercup in, and sat Blackie on a fleece and gave him tummy tubs, and offered him carrot and banana, but he refused them.

Called my local vets, in Ferndown, but they hadn't got an appointment til 5.15, their computers were down, so they gave me the number for the Ringwood branch, who didn't have an appointment until 4, but they said the Verwood branch had an appointment in 20 minutes time, and it was their last appointment of the morning. Good job I already had the boys in as it's a 15 minute drive to Verwood!

We got there with 2 minutes to spare, to find the receptionist shutting up, and the vet going out of the back door - their computers were also down, and Ringwood had said they'd call to say we were on our way but hadn't.

Luckily the receptionist called the vet back in. Have to admit he was the dishiest vet I've ever seen, and there was me in my cleaning out clothes, no make up, hay in my hair.....:oops:

Anyway, he didn't seem very rabbit savvy, he had to feel Butters belly as well to be able to compare it with Blackies. He gave Blackie a gut stimulant and painkiller, but didn't offer any other advice (good job we'd had advice a few weeks ago when Clover was ill)

Anyway, by the time we got home Blackberry started eating - 3 basil leaves, a slice of banana and some hay, so hopefully he's on the mend, but I'm waiting to see him poop before I get too confident.

Oh no sending vibes for Blackberry!! I hate that lightening bolt of fear you feel when one of your furries doesnt eat and goes lethargic!! Hopefully the pain killer and gut stimulant will do the job, sounds like things are already improving if he's started eating little bits!

Blackberry: Thank you all for being so nice and sending me lots of vibes (I thought maybe vibes were things to eat, but mummy says they're not). This afternoon I have eaten 3 big basil leaves, a slice of banana (a very special treat!:D), a little bit of carrot, lots of hay, some pellets (the ones I didn't eat at breakfast), and some freshly picked bramble leaves - yummy. I have also managed to do some tiny weeny poops, but mummy says that's ok, they'll get bigger again. I hope they do 'cos Buttercup laughed at how small they are!

When I was at the vets he thought he was looking at the wrong bunny, 'cos Buttercup hid away in the corner of the carry case, trying to hide under the hay, and I was bouncing all over the table! I resisted the temptation to bite him, even tho' he was sticking needles in me, 'cos mummy thought he was rather dishy (does that mean she wants to eat him?)

Blackberry: Thank you all for being so nice and sending me lots of vibes (I thought maybe vibes were things to eat, but mummy says they're not). This afternoon I have eaten 3 big basil leaves, a slice of banana (a very special treat!:D), a little bit of carrot, lots of hay, some pellets (the ones I didn't eat at breakfast), and some freshly picked bramble leaves - yummy. I have also managed to do some tiny weeny poops, but mummy says that's ok, they'll get bigger again. I hope they do 'cos Buttercup laughed at how small they are!

When I was at the vets he thought he was looking at the wrong bunny, 'cos Buttercup hid away in the corner of the carry case, trying to hide under the hay, and I was bouncing all over the table! I resisted the temptation to bite him, even tho' he was sticking needles in me, 'cos mummy thought he was rather dishy (does that mean she wants to eat him?)

:lol: haha well done Blackberry. I see you're a bit obsessed with food so why not try eating a bit more?? And get those poos bigger, I just told my bunnies about them and they laughed so hard... you dont want to be a laughing stock now do you? Stop scaring your mummy! :) xx

thats brilliant news.....:D

i think the vets is a bit far away for me to visit and the OH wouldn't approve. :no: unless i didnt tell him. :lol:
i think you should take a camera next time to get some pics....:lol: (of the vet i mean) :lol:

thats brilliant news.....:D

i think the vets is a bit far away for me to visit and the OH wouldn't approve. :no: unless i didnt tell him. :lol:
i think you should take a camera next time to get some pics....:lol: (of the vet i mean) :lol:

Blackberry: I can take some pictures of my tiny poops - mummy thinks they're a work of art! We don't usually see that vet, and he doesn't know much about bunnies so I'll probably have to see the lady vet when we go again. But I'll tell mummy to take the camera with her just in case:D

yey pictures of poop! :) you are a very smart rabbit if you can work a camera Blackberry ;) pictures of the vet would be nice too please :lol:

Dudley: Blackberry mate I needs a word *whispers* talking poo does not go down well with the Does you has to leave it to the crazy hoomins who are obsessed with our poos!! Although I am rather proud of the gigantic stringer I did today :D

D&Ds Mummy: Blackberry I am very pleased to hear you are pooing again keep up the good work and the nommins!

Dudley: See I told you, obsessed!!!

Back