• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broke all the rules.....

I just have to tell you how me and my bunny got together. After having my horse put to sleep (he was very old and had lots of heath problems) I decided not to have any more animals for at least a year!! Well, 4 months later I couldn't stand it any more and so I was on the 'hunt' for something fury. This was the very same day me and my OH were walking round our local shopping mall so we just decided to pop in and see what they had (oh dear). Since I was a little girl I can remember my parents saying to me 'always pick a new pet with bright eye, running around etc' when choosing a pet. It just so happened that this pet shop had bunnies in there, well, one anyway. It really was love at first sight but all the rules were about to be broken, he was just lying there looking almost unwell, all on his own, his food hadn't been touched and when the assistant got him out for me to look at he had a very dirty bottom too!! 'I'll take him' I said while my OH gasped in horror thinking the bunny wouldn't last the night!! So my little fury friend was put into a box and off we went home, with no hutch, food, hay or anything a bunny needed just the box with the fury content. Luckly on the way home we managed to buy everything he would need including treats and toys :D This was over a year ago and I have to say what a beauty he has tuned out to be. He now has a lovely wife to cuddle up to and I must say he is the cleanest bunny I have ever had. He will only do his poops in the bathroom area, he cleans himself all day long and as he is mainly white he reall does gleem in the sunshine. I really wouldn't be without them now and both me and my OH love them to bits. They are now in a 12' run with hutch attached with every comfy item gaget we can think of to make their life just perfect.
Sorry for the long story, I just had to let you all know how I became a 'bunny mummy'. :wave:

That is such a lovely story - cant wait to see some pics x - I did it all the wrong way as well, I knew nothing about buns popped over to a friends and came back with two baby buns!!! But i would be nothing without my babies x

Back