• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Esme have some eating vibes? U/D back home

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry:

I've just nipped home from work to tend to the bunnies as I always do and she's refused Carrotys, dried plantain and dandelions and grass :cry::cry:

She's doing a bit of stretching shaking but doesn't look in agony.

She had a similar episode in September, bless, she normally eats everything in sight.

This is my third rabbit emergency in 11 days :cry::cry:

We'd really appreciate some vibes :love:

Last edited:
:love::love::love:
Thanks guys. I've taken her for a car ride as it worked for Rudy recently. I don't know if she's gassy but it's worth a try. (We never knew what caused her to not eat last time :roll:)
She's looking rattled at the mo, she doesn't calm down quickly.

ETA: I've just booked annual leave for the rest of the day, so I'm going to watch her for a while and get her to the vets if she doesn't improve.

Last edited:
Thanks. She's not eaten anything so I've made a vets appointment for 3.50 with a non-rabbit vet at the rabbit vet practice. Esme always seems to get to see the same vet when she's poorly, she was admitted last time so not sure what to expect - about 50/50 chance of her staying in.

We need to set off in less than ten minutes.

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Esme lets hope some car vibrations, pain killer and gut stimulant do the job...fingers crossed!!

Thank you all for the vibes.

She's been admitted. :( It's actually what I wanted because I'm really, really tired and it's possibly as long as 8 hours since she ate (I know she ate her greens before 8am but don't know if she ate this morning whilst I was out. I'm too tired for the responsibility of making sure she eats. I know she's in the very best hands, she'll get everything she needs :love:. I've to ring at about 11am to find out how she is.

The vet said she didn't feel obstructed. It's beyond comprehension for me, she's been bright and lively eating well (especially hay), a tray full of big golden poops then suddenly stops eating :? :cry::cry::cry:

How is esme today? I hate this stasis/bloat thing. Keeps me on edge all the time coz i know it can sneak up so quickly :censored:

I missed this thread :cry: I hope Esme is a little better today. Sending lots of vibes for your little girl xXx

Back