• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

upset today

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Yesterday I stayed at home, gave myself another day to grieve over Twinkle. Today I am back at work and I am a wreck, worse than yesterday.

:oops::cry::oops::cry::oops::cry:
xxxx

Thank you - I need them today. I dont think many of my friends (not people on here) know what its like to lose such a loved bunny. :cry::cry::cry:

Dobbin is not to bad - he spent Friday night and all of Saturday keep looking for her and sitting so he could see us, he was also having lots of cuddles - Dobbin is not a cuddly bunny. He was eating etc.

Sunday we gave him a huge cardboard box to play with with lots of doors and windows cut in and stuffed of hay, he loved it, yesterday he spent the whole time ignoring me and doing his own thing, hiding in the box and he did not want cuddles - so i think he is doing quite well.

We are looking to get him a friend - quite quickly - a rescue bun from here. We dont want him to be lonely, he is our baby.

We are planning to put him back in the she on Saturday, has been cleaned, dont know how he will cope with that :cry::cry::cry:

Hopefully this saturday or next saturday we will pick up the new bun and she will live with us in the house for a bit, then Saturday of half term we will try bonding them ( wish me luck).

Does this sound like a good plan? I hope Twinkle does not think we are replacing her because we are not, she will never be replaced but we dont want Dobbin to be lonely.

Sue
xxxx

Of course Twinkle won't think you're replacing her - she knows you love her, and every bunny is unique, but she'd want Dobbin to have company.

Sending you hugs ((((:)love:)))))

People don't realise how much of a companion they become. Truely one of the family. Especially when you spend 4 or 5 hours a day with them and live with them and care for them.

I hope the pain starts to ease soon. It must be so so hard. :cry:

Sending you lots of (((hugs))) today will probably be the hardest day, can only get better from here xxx

I'm at work so don't have much time to post, but just wanted to send you a mahoooosive hug from another grieving bunny mummy :cry:

I really hope the next few days get easier, but it will take time. Acknowledge you need to grieve properly for your loss, even though some people (not on here!) may make you feel silly for it.

Maybe have a look into getting a memorial plaque or something to remember her by (as well as all the lovely memories you will have.)

Give Dobbin an extra big cuddle from me and take it slowly.

Sending you lots of love at this terrible time
Nicky
xox

Just wanted to add hugs from us too, we are thinking of you.

I agree with Nicky's comments, take your time to grieve, Twinkle was a member of your family.:love:

Nobody will think you are trying to replace Twinkle, you are just doing what you think is best for Dobbin - good luck with your rescue bun, will keep everything crossed that the bonding goes well.

Thank you so much, it is so nice to know i am not alone.

Hubby went to vets today to sette the bill, they all asked after us and Dobbin which was nice.

I made a card last night for the vets to thank them for all they did, it was covered in pictures of Twinkle, made me cry making it, even more when i wrote in!!!

Thank you so much for all the thoughts and hugs i cannot tell you how much i need them today!

Sue
xxx

Back