• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging holes?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
the buns are digging some awful holes in the lawn, i had managed to cover them but today, oscar or preston has done a massive hole and the parents aint too happy :roll:

any ideas?

i really need a run on the grass because of Bo's feet, but if they carry on were not going to have a lawn left?

Sorry but... :lol: This has made me smile! :oops:

Our lawn is totally ruined from all the previous foster buns digging holes! Theres not much you can do :? Maybe wire mesh under the run and then lay a layer of turf? Though personally i wouldnt do that as i move our runs around :?

Hope they havent gotten you into too much trouble! Naughty bunnehs :no:

Sorry but... :lol: This has made me smile! :oops:

Our lawn is totally ruined from all the previous foster buns digging holes! Theres not much you can do :? Maybe wire mesh under the run and then lay a layer of turf? Though personally i wouldnt do that as i move our runs around :?

Hope they havent gotten you into too much trouble! Naughty bunnehs :no:

they have got me into trouble :lol: :oops:

really dont know what we can do?

we move the run everyday so meshing wouldnt be an option to be honest.

gaaaah i dont know why there doing it either, theres plenty of grass to nom nom nom on..

oh and you know what else OSCAR did!!!!! i got a rain cover for the run and he chewed the bits were you fasten it on!!!!!!!! he was sat there with the thread from his mouth :lol: :evil:

can you set aside an area just for digging? I think they would dig loose soil in preference to grass because it's easier.

I am thinking about digging some borders so that they can get stuck in and help me also. I think they will like that lol. A little project for me and the bunnys. Not sure how your parents would feel if you started excavating the garden- i'd stick with mesh stapled on. I've just gone and bought some equimatting to put down, even on the grass for when i'm not supervising as it drives me crazy filling in holes also and all they have left in some areas is soil due to digging. I think it's important to save the grass so they have something to eat year round. so they may just require supervision if you can't get the mesh on.

change of attitude is required - not 'awful' holes but 'awesome', not a mess but 'magnificent'... like my wallpaper, not torn and stripped but bun-customised...:lol:

Re the mesh- if one Bun has sore feet then a mesh base on grass isnt really an option :?

How about a rubber stable mat base covered in hay ?

2 of my boys used to dig the lawn, then I got each of the pairs a large deep litter tray,filled it with soil, and they happily dig in there instead :lol:

I love to watch mine digging,but trying to keep a nice garden is impossible.
Also chopping all the plants down fascinating to watch as they make a clear run along the borders .Get very annoyed if i put a stick in their way literally throw it as far as they can.Love watching them behave naturally,although it is carnage in the garden.

Could you try one of those clam shell kiddies paddling pools filled with fun stuff to dig in?
I've known many buns who love digging have heaps of fun with those.

Bless them!!:lol:

My lawn is like a battlefield ,full of holes from my lot I try to fill them in but it never quite works :?

Re the mesh- if one Bun has sore feet then a mesh base on grass isnt really an option :?

How about a rubber stable mat base covered in hay ?

Yeah i wouldnt let them walk on the mesh, especially with one of Nats buns having sore hocks, think thats why hes on the grass anyway :love:

If i were you Nat, id give them a big underbed storage box and fill it with soil, then they can dig in that... it may work? Maybe they'll realise the grass is for eating? :lol:

xXx

I like the idea of filling an underbed storage box with soil. I just had mine out at a new patch of grass as well as there soil/hay run- (because they destroyed this patch lol)- they also dug a new hole today- Anyone have any fast growing grass seeds lol!! What a mission> I will find a way to fix this problem i have also. I do sympathise with you :)

the buns are digging some awful holes in the lawn, i had managed to cover them but today, oscar or preston has done a massive hole and the parents aint too happy :roll:

any ideas?

i really need a run on the grass because of Bo's feet, but if they carry on were not going to have a lawn left?

Sorry Nat - but it had to be them two didnt it - the ASBO boys!:lol::lol:

Lola has not dug all year but now she is having a right good go in the garden.

Can rabbit's dig sand? I mean is it bad for them? I have a sand pit for my kids, (wasn't cheap) but my rabbits have found there way in dug through, ripped the ground sheet and brought in mud and stones. So now my kids can't use that. I'm thinking I could transfer the sand from there into a large box for them, seeing as I'm like you and my garden is covered in holes lol.
Good job my husband is in love with them, or I'd never hear the end of it. He told me the other day he loves them more then me....nice!

Back