• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrr...

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Just ordered a new hutch, it came today and it is damaged!! :evil: idiots. :roll: so disappointed, what a great end to an awful day!

Ah hun, these things happen, it may have been the couriers rather than sellers so let them try and sort it for you (and then kick ass if nothing happens and I'll help!)

haha I know I did think its probably the couriers the packaging was rather battered :roll:. I'll set Cass on them if they don't do anything!!

I hope so too, worried it could turn into one of those situations where everybody blames everybody else. at least it means they dont have to go outside yet though :D

Can you send it back? I had a dutch barn playhouse arrive today from Tesco and it was rubbish and damaged too. I refused delivery, gutting but it's nice to have things starting off undamaged! Why cant they be more bloomin' careful these delivery people :censored:

I was out so couldnt do that :( I emailed asking for the new parts rather than having to send it back Im NOT paying for a courier!!

Where'd you get it from hun?

When you signed for it did you state the packaging was damaged? Either way I can kick ass with 5 years of customer service management under my belt!! I'll quote trading standards and have them quivering! :censored: one thing i cannot abide is bad customer service!

Contact them first and see what they say, DO NOT offer to send it back at your own cost! The distance selling act if you've ordered over the net puts you in a good position to argue to the bitter end

I was out so couldnt do that :( I emailed asking for the new parts rather than having to send it back Im NOT paying for a courier!!

Yeah, it will probably be easier for you to jut get the part sent across. Its just so annoying - the guy tried to palm me off with 'well, if your only putting animals in there, what's the problem?', uh - hello?! :lol:

an ebay seller, but one of the shops on there not a private seller, its meant to be new :roll:. Matthew signed for it, says the courier had put 'box damaged' on it. me neither, ive put up with ****s all day at work but I would never give them bad customer service.

I've emailed them asking them to send me the parts and dont worry im not offering to send it back at my own cost, even if they promise to refund.

wood is great quality though so I do want to keep it :)

Yeah, it will probably be easier for you to jut get the part sent across. Its just so annoying - the guy tried to palm me off with 'well, if your only putting animals in there, what's the problem?', uh - hello?! :lol:

omg! you're paying for a product of course it should be in pristine condition! these people make me so angry! why can't they just apologise and be nice! its not rocket science!!

If its a power seller then you really do wield the power, do not make any more offers to help them out, make sure they come to you with a good reply and offer to compensate.

It is their responsibility to package fragile goods to make sure that they arrive safely and if they are using a naff courier then again it is their fault.

I used to help run an ebay shop and we went thru three couriers as we were unhappy with how **** they were and we went over and above with packaging to make sure we didn't have problems with damages.

Make em work for you hun, you are the customer and deserve a good service.

losers, they want pictures now :roll:

OMG, just makes you want to SCREAM!!! I'd be tempted to tell them where to stick their shed, shame it's too good to send back at their expense! What a load of hassle. Hope they cough up quickly for you :)

Sorry youre having a bad day nicola. Its soooo annoying when things go wrong coz of someone else grrrr :evil:
hope u get it sorted soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No thats fair play, you could be lying hun, we had some mare people on ebay, take good clear pics of the broken parts and packaging if you still have any left.

Make sure that you put in your email that the couriers stated they would mark on the receipt that the packaging was damaged (they can request a copy).

State that you are willing to accept replacement parts but would appreciate a gesture of good will from them due to the inconvenience you have been through.

By compensation it may only be the p&p plus a little extra but they are at fault so let them come to you with an offer, do not make one!

No thats fair play, you could be lying hun, we had some mare people on ebay, take good clear pics of the broken parts and packaging if you still have any left.

Make sure that you put in your email that the couriers stated they would mark on the receipt that the packaging was damaged (they can request a copy).

State that you are willing to accept replacement parts but would appreciate a gesture of good will from them due to the inconvenience you have been through.

By compensation it may only be the p&p plus a little extra but they are at fault so let them come to you with an offer, do not make one!

fair point Jen :) you're so reasonable :lol: I know what you mean bet loads of people try to pull that one!! we get people trying to return things that are well-worn as unwanted gifts

Back