• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teddy and Joey had a big fight this morning

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
:( I was putting the washing out before work early so let Teddy out in the the garden with me, the others were in the garage with the door open but they were in the pen. I carried Teddy out because he was the other side, and checked the door on the pen was closed as i went.

Teddy managed to pull up the latch and open the pen door :shock: anyway i heard all this comotion and he had gone in and of course Joey obviously had gone straight for him! I grabbed Teddy quickly but there was fur everywhere. Teddy has a superficial little graze on his ear i checked them all over thoroughly and theres no other injuries which is amazing considering the amount of fur everywhere, which seemed to be just Joey and Teddys.

Teddy seems very upset now, he's been very quiet, ive given him treats and he's eaten all his food, poo'd and wee'd but i feel just awful :(

Am i being selfish keeping him hoping i will get the time to bond them properly? I feel so stressed about it, we've done the bungalow up and Steves really stressed at work and doesnt want the bunnies to come inside, dont want to put anymore strain on our relaitonship with everything we are coping with at the moment and im working so much and worried about mum... Teddy always wants to be near the others, even though Joey is so mean to him through the bars, im sure hes lonely.

I just feel so stuck at the moment. :(

Oh poor you and bless Teddy .

I can't think of a solution apart from maybe taking them somewhere (rescue or something) for someone else to bond them for you so that you don't need to have the spare time.

There isnt anyone around my area that can do it :( I feel like its such a **** excuse not having the time or anywhere to do it and ive been trying to think of ways round it but i really just dont know what to do :(

I hadn't realised he still wasn't bonded - poor Ted and poor you . . .

I know how it feels . . .

We have a lovely threesome that just this morning (after 6 months!!!) had a falling out . . . now we have a scared and frightened looking bun in one corner and don't know what to do . . (steve has taken all three in a carrier for a nice long drive actually . . . ).

What is the situation at present? is it ted on his own and then a threesome?

I hadn't realised he still wasn't bonded - poor Ted and poor you . . .

I know how it feels . . .

We have a lovely threesome that just this morning (after 6 months!!!) had a falling out . . . now we have a scared and frightened looking bun in one corner and don't know what to do . . (steve has taken all three in a carrier for a nice long drive actually . . . ).

What is the situation at present? is it ted on his own and then a threesome?

This is how they are at the moment, living quite happily next to eachother (never thought id get them this close before!)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=227735

Teddy is such a good boy, he just sits there mostly, he has had naughty inclines towards tinks but apart from that he's pretty laid back, i know he'd love to snuggle up to another bun. :(

:wave: Hi haven't been on for a while but, popped on and noticed this - does Southampton Rabbit Rescue not do bondings? I think you need to get them bonded asap, that doesn't look right one on his own like that, he must feel very odd. Or get another female for Teddy bun and have a trio and duo?:wave:

:wave: Hi haven't been on for a while but, popped on and noticed this - does Southampton Rabbit Rescue not do bondings? I think you need to get them bonded asap, that doesn't look right one on his own like that, he must feel very odd. Or get another female for Teddy bun and have a trio and duo?:wave:

I dont know whether Sue does or not :? I cannot afford another bun plus i dont want to stress my buns out anymore. I always said Teddy would have to bond with them to stay otherwise i will have my trio. I love Teddy to bits but I just physically have no where to do it or the length of time in one go to get it done. Im not intending to keep him on his own and he can see the others all the time.

I dont know whether Sue does or not :? I cannot afford another bun plus i dont want to stress my buns out anymore. I always said Teddy would have to bond with them to stay otherwise i will have my trio. I love Teddy to bits but I just physically have no where to do it or the length of time in one go to get it done. Im not intending to keep him on his own and he can see the others all the time.

Maybe give her a call and see, it may depend on how busy she is, so might be worth asking. :wave:

Awwhh! Poor wee Ted! I have a similar problem with my buns atm. I got Barley a new friend from the RSPCA but I haven't even introduced them yet, although Cloud has wandered past Barley's hutch during free range time and he goes for the bars when he see's her like a rabid dog :shock::shock: I'm now thinking perhaps Barley would be best left on his own. :(

Do you know if it was Teddy or Joey that started the fight? I would assume Joey as Teddy strayed into his territory? Maybe when you feel brave enough to introduce them all, it might pay to put them all in Teddy's territory as he's on his own so being in an area that smells more like him may balance them a bit better?

Alternatively, would it be possible to have two pairs?

I really hope it all works out for you, I tried bonding a four a few weeks ago and it was really stressful! I gave up in the end, I just wasn't brave enough to leave them together. :oops:

Awwhh! Poor wee Ted! I have a similar problem with my buns atm. I got Barley a new friend from the RSPCA but I haven't even introduced them yet, although Cloud has wandered past Barley's hutch during free range time and he goes for the bars when he see's her like a rabid dog :shock::shock: I'm now thinking perhaps Barley would be best left on his own. :(

Do you know if it was Teddy or Joey that started the fight? I would assume Joey as Teddy strayed into his territory? Maybe when you feel brave enough to introduce them all, it might pay to put them all in Teddy's territory as he's on his own so being in an area that smells more like him may balance them a bit better?

Alternatively, would it be possible to have two pairs?

I really hope it all works out for you, I tried bonding a four a few weeks ago and it was really stressful! I gave up in the end, I just wasn't brave enough to leave them together. :oops:

Ive bonded four before, i lost my BEW Saffy. I have no problem bonding them i just dont have the time with my new job at the moment or anywhere to do it. I would bond them on neutral territory, it probably was Joey that started the fight, Teddy isnt really that way inclined.

Maybe give her a call and see, it may depend on how busy she is, so might be worth asking. :wave:

I will look into it but i dont know much about her and id rather have someone i know thats very experienced in bonding a group do it. Ideally id prefer to do it myself, wish my life was abit simpler at the mo :(

Teddy has a wonderful life with you. I wouldn't worry too much about bonding him. You have so much on your plate that you need to concentrate on. It was an accident he got out and had the squabble and I doubt it will happen again. You love him and, from his photos, he has a great life with you. When you are able, you will bond him, but don't give yourself a hard time for not being able to do that now.

Teddy has a wonderful life with you. I wouldn't worry too much about bonding him. You have so much on your plate that you need to concentrate on. It was an accident he got out and had the squabble and I doubt it will happen again. You love him and, from his photos, he has a great life with you. When you are able, you will bond him, but don't give yourself a hard time for not being able to do that now.

I agree, I am sure he is fine as he is until you find the time, don't beat yourself up about it, bunnies in rescue often go a long time without a partner so I think staying with you is best for him, seeing and smelling other buns will help him not to be too lonely, and Joey's reaction does not indicate how they will get on when you do bond them

Back