• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mitzy's Gone to Her Forever Home and I'm Gutted!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Hiya

I always knew that I was only looking after Mitzy for a few weeks (turned out to be 6) and I was determined not to get too attached ....... but seeing her off yesterday broke my heart!

She looked sooo tiny and scared in that carrier, she was shaking bless her and I felt like the most evil person in the world.

I know she's going to a good home with people who will love her to bits and care for her, giving her everything she needs but I just kept thinking that she'd just got used to us and now we were shipping her off, she must wonder what on earth she's done wrong!!

I've sent all her toys, food bowls etc with her and I put some of her hay from her hutch into her carrier so she'd have familiar things with her but I still feel soooo guilty!

And I'm really missing her!

Jo x

Being a foster bun mum is hard, however short a time you have them.

I hope to try regular fostering next year.

I have fostered recently for a week from a rescue and managed that emotionally ok, (though I have cried over longer terms in the past).

You have to be positive and think the bun had a lovely holiday with you. Thats how I try to see it now and even call my hutches the holiday hutches. It helps me not get so attached. Think of the good work you have done. :)

Try to keep in touch with the new owner as much as possible. My daughter took on a rescue bun that had been fostered and we have kept in contact by email sending photos,over the year.
We did in fact meet the foster bun mum a few weeks ago and she got to see how happy her foster bun was in her new home.
sue:wave:

I cant comment Fudge was my first foster bun and I missed him so much after he had gone I got him back and kept him :oops:

Just think that you are making space for another bun in need

Thanks for your replies...... that's a good way of looking at it, she came to us on holiday and now she's off to pastures new to live a lovely life!

I can definitely keep in touch as she's gone to live with OH's daughter so I know she'll be well looked after etc (although its a 4 hr round trip to visit).

Apparently she's been thumping quite a lot and when S/Daughter went to feed her this morning she lunged at her and scratched her ........ poor thing must be terrified!

Just hope she settles in soon.

x

Back