• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Popcorn sticks

Yeah I wouldn't feed those sorry :( I know, it's so kind when people give you gifts for your buns, when they don't understand the nutritional requirements of a bunny. Those sticks (I used to give them to my hamster sometimes a few years ago :oops:) contain sugar syrup I think to bind the popcorn to the stick. I really would avoid ANY sugary treat with a bun. Popcorn is also very high in carbohydrate... which could upset the caecal flora, and it's also quite a rigid cereal that 'might' be a risk of obstruction. Best to avoid. Perhaps you could tactfully explain this to your friends/family and say how much Bramble would love a bag of basil or parsley instead... or dandelions if they have some in their garden! ;):D

I didn't think they were very good. We have loads of them, but I will dispose of them, and try to let people know that he would prefer something else. Thanks for your advice :wave:

The only treats we give are those Excel things in the rice paper and fenugreek crunchies. It appalling how many things are out there that are really really bad for them.

Back