• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

panacur paste question - no drying out then lol

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
is it still effective if allowed to dry overnight or does it need to stay fresh to work?

trying to get this stuff into my pair is fun... putting it on a crunchy is so far the best way but not having something to inject into is risky as just like bread when dropped it goes paste side down onto the carpet :roll: so last night i let it dry out and its gone into a dry type of toohpaste look and im hoping it still does its job :D

and 28 days of this arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
Donna will your two eat baby food off a tea spoon? I put Brackens meds on a bit of ellas kitchen and it worked a treat.

i guess no one knows huh... ill just give it dried and hope for the best, worst that can happen is EC :shock:

When Charlie had to have it, I got some of the little junky chocci drops and used 4 of them... Made two panacur sandwitches for him and he just ate it, no questions asked :lol:

Um could you vary what you disguise it with more so they don't see a pattern developing?
In a crunchie one day, basil the next, another favourite treat the following day etc?

Um could you vary what you disguise it with more so they don't see a pattern developing?
In a crunchie one day, basil the next, another favourite treat the following day etc?

so it does lose its effectivness if allowed to dry then?

Oops that was the original question wasn't it!
Really don't know, was just thinking of ways to not get to the point were it had got dried up.
You could ring your vets & ask, am sure they will know.

Hi Donna :wave:

I've been googling and even though the manufacturers product info doesn't specify storage other than at room temp, below 25 degrees. Many other research articles and product details/instructions for use for farmers say that fenbendzole should be stored in the original container and protected from sunlight... I think this means that light may alter some component of the compound in an adverse way... spoil it's effectiveness i'm not sure? But all the research articles talk about protecting fenbendazole from light. I guess this is normally why it is administered direct from the tube or by a syringe from a non-transparent bottle (if you use the oral 10% solution). So perhaps drying it but in a dark box might be ok?
Are you unable to administer it direct from the tube? Have you tried using the 10% solution and a 1ml syringe... it fits better in a bunny mouth in my experience. :)

Holly is really terrified of me and id rather give it on food if i can, problem is she wont accept food from me yet and i cant leave the room or Alvin will gobble up twice his dose.

28days of grabbing a scared rabbit who already dont eat her special poops fills me with dread. guess its safer not to dry it out huh :?

i looked at the 10% liquid and its almost 2ml id have to get into them each and again Alvin is unhandleable (even in stasis) and Holly is scared of me and not settled in yet :(

again i question if rabbits are a pet for me :roll:

Personally I would rather split the panacur up and give them perhaps a bit too much split over a few crunchies than let it dry out.

ps. If you are feeding panacur that would explain the dropped caecotrophs. Buns quite often do that especially if they don't like the tase of panacur.

Personally I would rather split the panacur up and give them perhaps a bit too much split over a few crunchies than let it dry out.

ps. If you are feeding panacur that would explain the dropped caecotrophs. Buns quite often do that especially if they don't like the tase of panacur.

she was already leaving them before the panacur :( it was the day after and hasnt stopped yet

i looked at the 10% liquid and its almost 2ml id have to get into them each and again Alvin is unhandleable (even in stasis) and Holly is scared of me and not settled in yet :(

Blimey! How big are your bunnies? Pea is just under 3.5kg and gets 0.7ml of panacur 10% (0.2ml per kg).

I feel for you though as it's a nightmare getting it into my buns. I DO let it dry out though as I inject it into a mini shredded wheat and then feed it dry and crunchy the next day. It's the only way I can do it as they'v sussed every other method. I've never really stopped to consider if it's still as effective dry :oops:.

Blimey! How big are your bunnies? Pea is just under 3.5kg and gets 0.7ml of panacur 10% (0.2ml per kg).

I feel for you though as it's a nightmare getting it into my buns. I DO let it dry out though as I inject it into a mini shredded wheat and then feed it dry and crunchy the next day. It's the only way I can do it as they'v sussed every other method. I've never really stopped to consider if it's still as effective dry :oops:.

oh yeah must of been the 2.5% i looked at.. but even 0.5ml would be a nightmare by syringe lol

I need to get a video of Oreo taking her panacur, I think she is addicted to the stuff. She tries to eat the whole tube full. :love:

Hope you get your bunnies to take there's.

oh yeah must of been the 2.5% i looked at.. but even 0.5ml would be a nightmare by syringe lol

:lol::lol: I had visions of bunnies as big as a german shepherd :lol:. But you might find that it's easier to disguise 0.5ml in something else - like shredded carrot for example. Or mashed up softened pellets or banana?

Back