• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bitter / sweet of rescuing .

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Today i have had to say goodbye to Peggy and Sue...two girls who arrived here last August .
They have started their journey ..at last...to their new forever home ..

When they arrived last year they were terrified , having never been handled . they were 3 yr old .
Peggy cried when she was touched . :(

Im spent time with them ..and loved them...and transformed them into cheeky , lovable girls ..( and yes im proud of that ;) )..

I thought of keeping them with me .. but every bun i keep takes up a rescue space...and there are soooo many of them out there needing help . ...so i decided against it .

but ...ohhh my ... it was so hard letting them go today ... i was fine until Peggy looked at me out of the carrier with those big eyes of hers ... and then i crumpled .. I hope they know i let them go cos i lov them ...not because i dont .. :(

And i am, pleased for them...they are going to be loved and spoilt , i know they are ..

im not writing this for a pat on the back ...or for sympathy ..i just thought it might make me feel better realy .

so goodbye georgous girls ... be happy ..

That must be heartbreaking for you (brought a tear to my eye just reading it :oops:)

Well done for making them into happy bunnies, tho!

It must be heart-breaking letting them go! :(
On the other hand, I'm sure that as soon as they're offered their first treats, they'll forget all about you!:lol:
So, don't feel guilty! :p

Aaaaaaw it must be so hard to let them go, but also great knowing they have a lovely new home at long last - these 2 soooo deserve it.
I remember how they were when they first came to you, it was awful to see, but the other day when I dropped your hay off - I spotted them in the hutch and had to say hello, I swear Sue can smell a fenugreek crunchie a mile off as she came running to the front of the hutch to me and that in itself is a testament to the excellent job you have done in restoring their trust in humans.:D

I LOVE happy endings..........
its not selfish....youve been a star to these bunnies.......just theyve taken a little bit of you with them.A big pat on the back....and a hug.xxxxxx

aww i'm crying with you *hugs* I remember giving a bunny away from my bunnys first litter, it was so hard. I could hardly bear it. I wasn't even attached ( well i always get attached some), but i can't imagine how hard it must be after all that time. I couldn't part with any of my own now, but it will be something i'm going to have to do with the rescues that come in to me, when i get going. That's the part i will have to be brave for, and have strict house visits to make sure they are going to get the best care possible. I think i'd have to see the setup before they were rehomed. I guess this is standard procedure with most of the rescues on here.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) You and all rescues do an amazing job.

sue
xxxx

Ah that must be so hard. It just shows the quality of what you do and how much of a difference you make to them, and how much of yourself you give to them. Its a huge commitment.

Its just fantastic that they have gone to their forever home. Myabe you can console yourself with knowing that you gave them the best fresh start they could ever have hoped for and more. x

Awww i know it was hard but you put so much hard work into making them happy little buns and now it's paid off. I'm sure they will always remember you in their hearts after all you taught them to love and trust again so now they have gone on to spread their love and cheekiness to another family.
Well done you, you've obviously done a fantastic job.:D

Ive often looked at these two girls and Im thrilled they have a new home. All your hard work really paid off and you have put them first again. Hope their new mum is a member and we might get some updates.

Ah, well done you, probs what I imagine it would be like if your child leaves home, which is actually what its is EXACTLY like now I think about it! You didn't want a pat on the back but you defo deserve one.:love::love::love:

Aaaw Angie. I'm in tears now too. I know you thought you'd find it hard letting them go and am not surprised you did.

I will make sure I tell Peggy and Sue why you let them go. George understands and still loves you lots. When I take a photo to send you I tell him to smile for his Auntie Angie.

I couldn't do what you do. It broke my heart when I let two of my kittens go two years ago - and that was to my best friend and I knew I would see them often.

I will give regular updates on Peggy and Sue. Their hutch is ready and waiting - but I will add the carpet tomorrow just to make sure it is exactly as they like.

They will have daily access to part of the fenced off bunny area and once they are settled I will try and bond them with Molly, Munchkin and Dylan and then they can bounce in the whole area.

Am pleased they like fenucreek crunchies as I give those as treats to the other buns. I used to give milk drops but stopped as they are so unhealthy.

Will let you all know when I have these two gorgeous buns home with me. Am picking them up at 1.30 pm tomorrow from Tot Hill Services.

Big hug to you Angie xxxx George sends a nose rub.

Awww that's so lovely!

You do a fantastic job and it must be sooo difficult saying goodbye to them after such a long time (I was gutted to say goodbye to Mitzy after just 6 weeks) but its sooo good that you know they're going to a good home and can get regular updates!

Jo x

Ouch, I personally couldn't do it, I would end up moving my boyfriend out and filling the place with bunnies and piggies..:love:

billy wanted to say dont be sad said aunty angie you (and aunty tracey)have given us all loving homes and i still love you, you made me very happy :love::love:
075.jpg

I was devistated letting Bea go...but when I went to visit her she was so happy and in love with the husbun it made the tears and tantrums all worthwhile :love:
I don't know how you rescue guys do it :love:

Just looking through some of your threads I seem to have missed of yours Angie (bit stalker I know, but like to keep up with the BARC bunnies as much as I can). I'm pleased these two lovely girls have gone to their forever home, but it must be sooo hard to let them go when they've been with you so long. They will remember you as the first human to be kind to them :love:

I felt exactly the same when loopylop came to collect Rudy. David even went out to fix somebodies washing machine, thinking Laura & Nick would have taken him before he got back but he didsn't. I was sat on my shed floor with him the day before crying telling him I am doing this for him andI am not giving him away because I don't love him.

Some really touch you more than others don't they

Back