• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for a little 'lookout platform' in aviary please

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Alfie and Bubbles used to have one of these:
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/33223

and loved to sit on (practically all day :roll: :lol:) watching the world go by. I've had to take it out since Alfie hurt his leg and am not sure how long till he'll be able to jump up onto something that high again.

I've put a step stool in its place, but it's not big enough for the both of them to relax on and Bubbles is forced to sit underneath it on her own. :cry:

Any ideas for something quite low, but with room to hide under, and big enough for 2 mini bunny bums? Please don't suggest DIY, my dh will faint. :lol::lol: The house is about 18 inches off the ground, so I'm looking for something around a foot off the ground.

Sorry this post is so long. :oops::oops:

Could you make a ramp (with carpet on for good grip) to go up to the hut you already have? I know you said no DIY, but that might be do-able!

small coffee table? could tack some carpeting on top also get someone to saw a bit off the legs if too high

ETA car boots are good to pick one up :D

what blackberry said, or 2 stools side by side? 'plastic cr@p' shops often have kids chairs and tables quite cheap that should fit more bums on!! :lol::lol::lol:

Could you make a ramp (with carpet on for good grip) to go up to the hut you already have? I know you said no DIY, but that might be do-able!

Aaaah, you don't know my dh. :lol::lol: Seriously, that's a good idea but I'm not sure if Alfie would be sensible enough to use it and would probably just hurtle himself off the opposite side. :roll: :lol: He doesn't 'do' recuperating (sp?) and gentle exercise.

The coffee table idea sounds good. Ikea might even have something that hasn't been painted or varnished, so it wouldn't even need carpeting. Off to have a lookie. :D

or even some bricks, a pile at each end, with a sturdy plank across the top!

Aaaah, I've been dismantling a wardrobe today. I might be able to rig something up with one of the shelves. I just need to find some legs. ;)

Keep the ideas coming though. :)

I love this, but they'd probably eat it. :lol::lol: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90045457

I've got a 3ft hutch but (I never thought I'd say this) - it's too tall. What does your carrier look like Fran? I've got 3 but they all have a handle on the top, so no good for sitting on. :(

This photo shows it, I turned it upside down so the handle is on the bottom, they also have a blanket on the top now so it's more comfy for them to sit on

P1020951.jpg

I turned it upside down so the handle is on the bottom

If I had half a brain, I might have thought of that, doh. :oops::oops: :lol: Will check out my carriers later. ;) Max is looking uber cute btw. :love:

I might still get them the wicker chair too - I won't be able to fit my fat behind in it, but the kids can sit in it when they go in there.

I love the bunny bridge. :love::love::love:

Mine had a little low box made of wood and hardboard (from ikea I think) which was less than a foot high - I think it was suposed to be for storing shoes in a hallway or cupboard.

Back