• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisy & Ben Neutering Post 10

BooMoo

Warren Scout
Introducing... (two seperate stories, hopefully to become one)

Maisy

IMAG0018.jpg

Admittedly an impluse buy from P@H (Pic above in the pet shop the day before we bought her)
10 months old now
My first rabbit
I love her more than I thought possible and look after her the best I can
She likes to 'flop' on the cool slabs on the fireplace
She plays with my dog (under constant supervision)
Atm is making nests out of anything possible

IMAG00242.jpg

100_1256.jpg

Ben

100_1371.jpg

Just over 4 months old (I think)
Originally came as a pair with Frank
Given to us by the couple who bought them without a garden and couldn't live with them indoors
Overnight after being friends Ben attacked Frank and he had to be put down
Now Ben is alone and not so friendly
I still love him to pieces and have got over that fact that he attacked Frank
He bites, well nips me but I'm hopeful neutering will help?
He also licks me which I have heard means the total opposite to biting (I must just taste good)

100_1375.jpg

So now... First step this week. I am going to get them both booked in at the vets this week for a preop check for spaying and neutering. I then hope after time for healing etc I will be able to bond them so they can live together happily however I am hesitant because of how brutal Ben was to Frank.

Would like to know what you think of my story, plans and ideas :) Thank you

Last edited:
Well, I can't really offer any practical advice unfortunatley, but I hope you manage to get them bonded and living happily ever after cos they're both beauties, and the joy of snuggle bunnies is immense :love:

:love:

Wow, Maisy really is at home, she looks so laid back and happy!!
I'm sorry about Frank :( Hopefully when Ben has been done he'll fall in love with Maisy and it'll be like a perfect ending! *fingers crossed!*

:love::love::love: Beautiful rabbits, and your dog must be so well behaved!

Good luck for neutering and bonding, hopefully they will be pefect companions for eachother!

:love::love::love: Beautiful rabbits, and your dog must be so well behaved!

Jack (the dog) is well behaved I guess ;) he can get a bit excitable around the rabbits but we just tell him 'nicely' I think he just loves her :)

Booked in for the pre-op check for Maisy and Ben on wednesday. I'm quite scared for the actual day of neutering though, don't know what to expect.

Took them both to the vets last night and they have been booked in for neutering next wednesday.
I have no idea what to expect/do because this is my first time at having a rabbit done. Any tips?
I'm a little scared but excited because its a step forward to bonding them.

She was very pleased with Ben, he's in good health and weighs 1.89kg

Maisy is slightly overweight at 2.49kg (Ben is younger than her) so we are slowly reducing the amount of nuggets. Her teeth are also not perfectly straight and eating less nuggets and more hay will help this. Maisy also wriggled and kicked so she now has a 'WRIGGLEY - TOWEL WRAP!' comment on her form.

Also going on their weights do you argree they are both dwarf lops?

Maisy in the wardrobe....

100_1467.jpg

Back