• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden help - how to bunny proof??!!

pooks

Warren Scout
Hi
I really need some help with my garden. At the moment it is a blank canvass. The bunnies are being moved to a shed/run set-up (shed is 4x4 and run is 6x6). I dont know what to do about the garden! I want it to look nice and not all bunny eaten but i dont know how to achieve this with the bunnies? I'd rather not have raised beds, as i have thought of this as an option - for one, im not so keen on the way they look. we only have a small garden and i worry it will look even smaller with raised beds. for two, i think that even if i did have raised beds, the bunnies will quickly learn that they can jump up onto them.
I could give the bunnies an area of lawn at the back of the garden where i dont put any plants. The area would be 5x4.5ft and would be accessed via the shed door. As this space would not be protected from predators, they would only be out in it when we're at home. It would allow them to graze without destroying the garden. My only concern with this plan is that they would not have the space to truly stretch their legs and sprint up and down the garden. If i do decide that this is the best thing to do, what i can also do is extend their lawn area into a long corridor shape so that they can run up and down. i plan to use those mesh panels that fit together via pins as this way i can move and extend thier run area as necessary without them actually having full access to the garden and plants.

What do you all think?

Back