• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit advice, please.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We took home Katie the rabbit and Helga the cat on friday. Helga is in one spare room and Katie is in the other- we now have no empty rooms for the time being. I have booked Mallow the rabbit in to be speyed on Friday- should I cancel it, or do you think it will be OK for her and Katie to be in the same room for a week or so- Katie will have been in quarantine for a week. I'm thinking I should cancel Mallow for a couple of weeks until we get Katie settled.

Sorry its a bit confusing I know- try living here.:lol:

According to this: http://f4bscale.worldonline.co.uk/myxomato.htm

The (myxomatosis) incubation period varies slightly from one animal to another but can be as short as five days and as long as fourteen days. Some animals may survive for weeks or months after infection but, in general, if the infection is severe in a susceptible rabbit, death occurs within twelve days.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. It seems that a week's quarantine may not be long enough.

No, Mallow is an outdoor bun, but I always take buns inside to recover from an op- for 2 weeks after a spey just to keep an eye on things until the wound is fully healed.

Katie arrive on friday and is in a puppy cage at the moment, I don't want her running around while her eyes are so bad, and I won't put her outside until we sort out her eyes and her dirty bottom problem- once she is better I might get her teeth looked at although vet found nothing wrong when checking her over.:?

Back