• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dudster not eating reckon it's 2nd dental time!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Ever since Dudleys brush with death over Christmas when after nearly a week of not eating we discovered he needed a dental, I have been watching him like a hawk! It's difficult because he's not too bothered by food and he's a slow eater! He's always eaten a bit then left it for 5-10mins then comes back for a bit more... if there's any left after Daisy has troughed :lol: At Christmas he just stopped one morning and that was that and today he has done the same, no warning or change in behaviour :? He's quite happy charging around he just won't eat! So I figure it must be dental time again, I was hoping it would be a one off :( Ive given him metacam, fluid and a syringe feed and don't see the point in using Vets Now as he doesnt have any other symptoms, he's not even teeth grinding! I'll whizz him in tomorrow unless he starts some furious unaided nomming! Just out of curiosty how much is it for a typical dental with GA? His last bill was £415 because of all the investigations beforehand!

Ever since Dudleys brush with death over Christmas when after nearly a week of not eating we discovered he needed a dental, I have been watching him like a hawk! It's difficult because he's not too bothered by food and he's a slow eater! He's always eaten a bit then left it for 5-10mins then comes back for a bit more... if there's any left after Daisy has troughed :lol: At Christmas he just stopped one morning and that was that and today he has done the same, no warning or change in behaviour :? He's quite happy charging around he just won't eat! So I figure it must be dental time again, I was hoping it would be a one off :( Ive given him metacam, fluid and a syringe feed and don't see the point in using Vets Now as he doesnt have any other symptoms, he's not even teeth grinding! I'll whizz him in tomorrow unless he starts some furious unaided nomming! Just out of curiosty how much is it for a typical dental with GA? His last bill was £415 because of all the investigations beforehand!

I pay £50-£60

I pay just shy of £100 for a full works dental burring the teeth back down to just above the gum. At my previous practice I used to pay about £40 but they used to just file the spurs off.

Hope your little one is ok. It makes me smile that you call him Dudster, I call mine Duddles :lol:

Alvins was just over £100 but that was without any stuff to bring home, the spurs were so tiny and hadnt affected the soft tissue he didint need extra metacam.

Thanks everyone! I thought it might be about £100 so that looks like the max! Donna black lops must be wimps Dudley had the teeniest spur on one back tooth no tissue damage or any signs at all! My vet was so convinced it wasn't that and didn't think a dental would help (thank God for Janes advice :D)

Santa, The Dudster has many names.. including Duddles, Puddles, Dudley Wudley, Duds, The Hump Meister, Grumpy Pants, the Furry Black Flying Sausage etc etc :lol:

I paid £120 for Jelly which i think is at the top end of the scale, i personally thought it was a rip off considering she was under very little time and literally has 2 teeth burred and that was it.

Jelly may have to have one in a month, along with maybe Pebbles for her first.

not looking forward to £240+ on two dentals.

I paid £120 for Jelly which i think is at the top end of the scale, i personally thought it was a rip off considering she was under very little time and literally has 2 teeth burred and that was it.

Jelly may have to have one in a month, along with maybe Pebbles for her first.

not looking forward to £240+ on two dentals.

Blimey :shock: yes Id forgotten Jelly had to have one and how much it cost!! It really does sound v pricey considering what everyone else has paid!! I'll let you know how much Penrose charge just in case it's considerably cheaper and worth you going there!!

Back