• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass

I think I've seen people say it's ok for rabbits to eat grass, but I'm double checking.

My OH has been cutting the grass and without us noticing there was a bit in the house in a corner, anyway Princess is running round then Ellie-may shouts 'mum mum she's eating grass' so I looked and she'd a piece of grass hanging out of her mouth, and by the time I got her it'd gone :( Just wanna know if she'll be ok?

Grass is what rabbits are meant to eat! :lol: As Gertie says though, don't let her eat the cuttings.

Of course grass is fine - they're rabbits!!:lol:

So long as it hasn't had fertiliser or chemicals put on it grass is perfect for them to graze on.
Never give them grass trimmings though as once the grass is cut it under goes some sort of chemical changes, which can make your rabbit poorly.

i got told off by a vet for not feeding grass... in the summer i usually raid my moms garden with scissors to get some grass for my house bunnies :D

He'd used a strimmer, hence why the kids had managed to fetch grass in, it'd been there about half an hr tops.

She seems ok at the mo anyway :?

He'd used a strimmer, hence why the kids had managed to fetch grass in, it'd been there about half an hr tops.

She seems ok at the mo anyway :?

Oh, I see! Best not to let her have any more cut though. Have you got an outdoor run? She'd love that! :D

Oh, I see! Best not to let her have any more cut though. Have you got an outdoor run? She'd love that! :D

I've since gone through the room hoovering to make sure there isn't a bit left.
We're going to buy her one as soon as I can find a good one, I'd love for her to be out in the summer.

Back