• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you rabbit proof wiring?

Smithyrock

Warren Scout
He has fee run of kitchen and passage and living room when we're in it. Popped upstairs and heard the phone do a strange (the noise it makes when you hang up but there was nobody on phone). Came down to investigate and realised it wasn't working and bunny had nibbled it. Luckily Benjy was fine, I feel a bit naive as he's never shown any interest in wires before or nibbling anything other than house plant (which I've moved). Kitchen and passage are fine as there are no wires but how do the rest of you bunny proof your wiring? Ideally I don't want to have a pen in the front room as like him having free range but there are wires for phone and TV at floor level. Any ideas? At the moment he's just restricted to kitchen and passage and feel bad.:roll:

Good idea, i know you can buy that 'cable tidy' but it's not very substantial. Now I just need to find somewhere that sells black house pipe by the metre!:D

Hose pipe or you can get a thick thick cable tidy stuff are good and unbiteable but they are a pain in the bum to take the plug off, feed it through and put the plug back on for electrical cables. Ok for phone lines and internet cables.

I find that the cable tidy stuff works as a quite a good deterrent but if the bunny is determined they are biteable.

Back