• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I or don't I...

Domino27

Mama Doe
I only have one bunneh at the moment but my OH is actually suggesting (shock) getting another..

There's a breeder in Kendal (close to BRC standard) and I am SOOOOOO tempted to reserve this little one however would need to get another hutch to accomodate them both once and if bonding is successful (obviously after 6 months when it's been neutered)....

He's SUCH a cutie!

I'd love to get a rescue one but there aren't really any near me that are suitable, I can't really have a normal lop as it'd be too big :cry:

.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
I'd love to get a rescue one but there aren't really any near me that are suitable, I can't really have a normal lop as it'd be too big :cry:

There are lots of rescue centres on this forum (and probably more that aren't on here too) that will re-home bunnies all over the country and usually bunny runs can be arranged :)

Yeah I realise that just thought it might be a bit stressful for them to travel quite far? Though I could always be talking rubbish as have no idea what I'm talking about regarding this!!! I've had a look but most are already bonded etc and I can't afford 3 (both money and working shifts wouldn't be fair)...

Yeah I realise that just thought it might be a bit stressful for them to travel quite far? Though I could always be talking rubbish as have no idea what I'm talking about regarding this!!! I've had a look but most are already bonded etc and I can't afford 3 (both money and working shifts wouldn't be fair)...

Most rescues have lots of single buns looking for partners and are usually more than willing to help with bonding if needed. Have you tried searching for suitable buns on the rabbit rehome website? You could also try the Rabbits in Need section on this forum. Good luck hope you can find something soon :)

i see your from Lancashire?

I have just searched on rabbitrehome.org.uk and found a couple of single bunnies :)

Have you looked on Rabbit rehome?

Rescues on here will do bunny runs to get the bun its forever home :D
its worth thinking about...

i would rather rescue then to keep a breeder going... :(

i see your from Lancashire?

I have just searched on rabbitrehome.org.uk and found a couple of single bunnies :)

Have you looked on Rabbit rehome?

Rescues on here will do bunny runs to get the bun its forever home :D
its worth thinking about...

i would rather rescue then to keep a breeder going... :(

Ta for that! Only looked on a few, will have a look at that site. True re: breeder however I don't get them from just anyone, always make sure the bunny's aren't overbred etc, but know where you're coming from.

I can see why you love him, but what would you do if they just wouldn't bond? Would it not be better to let your bun 'date' other rabbits until she finds her perfect match?

Unfortunately too, as his face is so flat, he's almost guarenteed to have dental issues when he's older. :(

Last edited:
I can see why you love him, but what would you do if they just wouldn't bond? Would it not be better to let your bun 'date' other rabbits until she finds her perfect match?

Unfortunately too, as his face is so flat, he's almost guarenteed to have dental issues when he's older. :(

Well probably have to have two separate bunnies if they didn't bond, I've read all about the implications. To be honest I've never had more than one rabbit at a time so this whole "date" thing...how'd you go about it? I just feel sorry for her on her own and I think she deserves some company whilst I'm at work at random times each day. Not that she's not spoilt rotten when I get home...

Really? Poor little thing. :cry:

Well probably have to have two separate bunnies if they didn't bond, I've read all about the implications. To be honest I've never had more than one rabbit at a time so this whole "date" thing...how'd you go about it? I just feel sorry for her on her own and I think she deserves some company whilst I'm at work at random times each day. Not that she's not spoilt rotten when I get home...

Really? Poor little thing. :cry:

I don't know much about the dating thing either, but I've heard of it on here. Basically you phone round some rescues/fosters (where do you live - there may be some you don't know about?) to check they've got a bun/s matching your requirments. Then you agree on a time to take your girlie over for introductions to the chosen few, to see who she likes best. Some places may let you leave her there for a few days while the rescue/fosterer starts the bonding process for you. Of course, with a pet shop or breeder bun you wouldn't be able to do this. I think if you can, this would be a better solution than going through the whole thing yourself when there'd be such an uncertain outcome.

I think it's fantastic that you're looking to get her a friend anyway, so don't give up! Everybun needs company of there own kind.

The Manchester RSPCA is brilliant and will do the bonding for you so hopefully you won't be in the situation where 2 rabbits have declared war and have to be kept separately!

Well worth the drive, a few hours of stress for a very happy bunny for many years to come :D

So many unwanted and abused rabbits out there - it's so rewarding to know you have made a difference.

My two were bonded for me from a rescue, and I am very very happy knowing that I gave Carlo his forever home.. he loves his wifey so much!:love:

Back