• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

elderly mums house bun need vibes please

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i got a phone call yesterday very early morning from my very upset mum about her bunny.
when i got over there(she lives around the corner of the green at the side of our block)
she told me hunnybunny hadnt been eating or drinking and was keep going to her bum but stopping again..likeshe was trying to get cecals out. The most worrying thing was shed flipped onto her back and threw her head back showing her teeth and grinding them..odd huh.

when i picked her up she was sooo stressed....i havent seen another bun as bad as bertie has been until then.
i was terrified shed die of a heart attack. id seen shed not eaten at all and not drunk..BUT there were some big poops in the cage..
i told my mum if you dont know when she ddi those..NEVER presume shes pooing ok or pooed ok early this morning.
i rang emsworths vet that gem uses and they told us to bring her in.
the vet said he couldnt find anything obviously wrong....but he reckoned she was in pain somewhere.
But i had to tell him what my mum had very sadly informed me that her and her son had been arguing about his abusive father..my mums 1st hubby. and that her son had been shouting and thrown a wobbler but reired to bed at 9pm the night before.

i said stress..the vet said maybe but def pain.
so he gave her 4 jabs..an antibiotic...zantac.....metacam....and another pain med i cant recall its name.....he said it would not only help the pain but also clam her down.

i sat in mums house and told my half brother whos in his 50s he had too understand this bun is mums soul comapnion now...since my dad passed 4 years ago. shes had her bun for two years now and it keeps her busy and they adore each other.
i told him stress kils..it killed our little oscar 4years ago.

i left about midday and she was out cold......i rang my mum at tea time only to be told shed not eaten anyhting just one teeny strand of hay. she hadnt drunk anyhting either and hadnt pooed.

she was stressed again when i darted over.....and my half brother and mums very loud next door neighbour were in the house. mm i said..i ddi tell you the vet said keep ehr quiet.:censored:

i tok her cage over my house with her tray and bowls and her.......mum carried her in a carrier and my crutcch....i hobbles carrying the cage end up even with my bad back..and took her into our lounge.
mums house is the same layout so i put her the tv end. and then set up her home.

we gave her fibreplex last night and metaclop syrup...the painkilelr was good for about 24hrs. we tried syring feeding her..she just dribbled it out of her mouth..it was soo ridicoulous.
this morning still not eaten and drunk but has been nibbling on ahy and done some teeny poops..hers are normally on par with berties poops!!

please vibes for hunnybunny..im telling my mum its ok cos shes pooped.....but i know its going to be a batt

the vet checked her teeth but they look fine..only true was is a ga dental..but he said its not something he thinks is wrong.

just to add nikki clipped her claws very late last night....and she actually moved around a bit after that..her nails were last clipped by vet end of march!!!

i def think claws were the pain option...but the stress began gi probs.

i love my brother dearly but hes really made me upset and soo angry...mums been crying in secret again..i can tell...but shes refusing to let me have a go at him and wont have a go myself..or boot him out..no hes only staying for a few more days she said.:(

im not returning hunnybunny till hes gone back to his mum in laws......then back to south africa.

i want to get poor wee bunny well enough to move too and eating properly n pooping properly.

ive had my shower...nikkis too weak to help...so its me n hunnybunny the fobreplex the metaclopramide syrup...and the metacam.....wish me luck!!

im not syringe feeding..she wont co operate and its too stressful for us both...nibbling hay will keep her tum moving a bit right?

:love: thank you all so much xx

shes eaten a few pellets late tonight...and some hay...and has pooped a little heap of little poops in her tray. not only that but shes alkso stretched out resting in her cage and sleeping like it. Bertie leaves her alone most of the time but every few hours he goes over to say hello..chin her cage and nibble some hay sticking thru the bars.

he annoys her as she gets freaked out by him being soo nosy..when he nomrally gives her a kiss thru the bars:love: and lollops off.:lol:
but i swear after yet another visit she was scoffing pellets..i think the excitemnt and flattery has got her eating a bit more now..

i hope she carries on getting better...my mum isnt getting her back till shes totally well.
my backs killing me tonite as i carried her cage yesterday...re triggered my bad back yet again.

not looking forward to carrying it back over either!!!

come on hunnybunny...your mummy is worried sick about you. xxx

thank you xx

well the ru vibes seem to have worked..that and the fibreplex etc lol

today shes eating pellets with gusto..hay scoffing..drinking...weeing finally and pooping...a few hrs ago..big poops!!
but i want her to stay here for 2 days to finish her fibreplex then take her back to my mum.

Back