• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Proof that average "hamster wheels" are no good for a syrian

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
This is not Roccos wheel, I just have aquired a few spares. He used this one when he was a baby but he has a rat one now.
But this just shows that hamsters can't use a normal wheel despite petshops selling these wheels for syrian hamsters :(
Bigger than the wheel AND the stand...

LGIM0147.jpg

i HATE those wheels...... too big for dwarves, too small for syrians... so what is the point?? and they pull the fur out of my long-haired syrian :(

Rocco loved it when he was younger, but he now physically couldn't get in it if he tried!

I keep just looking at the photo and getting angry that petshops suggest those wheels for syrians

it makes me angry all the things pet shops recommend. i hate seeing their poor little spines all curved in those wheels :(

The wheel is good quality too.. Hence using it when I have my hamsters when they're young, but no way should they be perminant for an adult :(

Its dreadful isn't it but when that's all the petshops stock and recommend you can understand why people buy them.

We discovered Wodent Wheels when we got Mildred, she is a rather large Syrian, we have found them to be excellent.

Its dreadful isn't it but when that's all the petshops stock and recommend you can understand why people buy them.

We discovered Wodent Wheels when we got Mildred, she is a rather large Syrian, we have found them to be excellent.

I wish I'd known more when I had my first hamster as a kid, he only had an average wheel. I can definatly understand why people buy them.. I did, but glad I have my 2 rat wheels now!
I use the same make as that one, just the one bigger:D

Back