• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting my shed on Tuesday - any tips?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi im getting my shed for my 4 on Tuesday its 7 x 5 - what should I put in it?

I havent got a hutch to go in but is it a good idea to have something for them to sit in?

Also is lino best for the floor? and how do you put it in the corners so the buns dont pee on the wood - do you put it up the walls as well???

Also whats the best way to put another level in? Do I put a shelf and ramp up and enclose the shelf??

Any pics would be great!

Sounds like you're in for some fun!!!

Shelves/ledges with ramps are a good idea - buns like sitting up on them. I like lino on the floor cos it's easier to sweep up!

walls

Hi, i put some of that willow on a roll (from Wickes but most garden centres sell it too) It protects the inside of the shed and especially the batons that sit proud, and they love it :love: It is easily replaced, in fact i think it was approx 1.5m high and i cut it in half as didn't need it to be that tall.
Sheds are a great idea, very often i go and sit in there to chill and play with the buns, like a haven from the "real" world :D

:D this might sound silly but do they need ventilation?? im planning on having the doors open through the day with mesh covered but what about at night? will they be ok shut in??

I have an attached run with just a hole cut out for them to go between the two so there is permanent ventilation. I do find they spend most of their time sat in the run

I have a large hay bale in mine for us all to sit on!! I also have a cardboard box with 2 holes cut in and litter tray plus hay bowl and water bowl. I put lino down but not up sides as , so far, mine are very good with the litter traym (famous last words!!). I put a thread in the housing section a couple of weeks ago, called 'check out the new set up' if you want to see. Am in caravan on hol and using mobile phone so can't post pic here!!!

I have lino in mine, but try and get the stuff that isn't too slippy as they can easily damage a leg or their back if they're jumping on and off things and they loose their footing when they land. Alternatively put a mat on the floor where they're most likely to land when they jump off shelves.

I have 3 levels in my sheds, floor + 2 shelves, with the top shelf being enclosed as a bed area. I don't bother with ramps as my buns are all fit enough to jump up on to the different levels - just make sure you don't make the gaps too high else they could injure themselves.

If you can get your shelves under the window as they love to sit up high and gaze out, particularly on a wet day.

I leave the perspex in my windows (as its good to keep out rain etc), but changed them to openers for the summer.
Of a night I lock the door and window, but in the summer I leave the window open as I mesh it for security.

Back