• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge is worrying me

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I've just come up about 15 minutes ago to give them their veggies. Spring green and parsley. Now he hasn't had parsley recently but when he had it before he liked it and ate it. Tonight, he really isn't bothered. He's had a couple of bits of spring green and a pellet so he's eaten something but he's turning his nose up at any more veg and even though I've given them fresh hay and he's had a nose in that he hasn't eaten any of that either. Now he's sitting in the corner flopped. He's been moving around. I haven't seen any small poos or anything to indicate any tummy trouble.

Is he just not hungry? These two can be like that sometimes. The other two gobble up anything but these two tend to wait if not hungry.

ETA: I've just remembered that occasionally we have strung poos. Only a two or three strung together. Haven't seen any recently.

Last edited:
He's just had a little bit more, parsley this time I think, and then stopped again. I'm trying not to watch him because when he feels unsafe he won't eat and I think he's getting fed up of me.

He's just done a binky and is now cavorting round the room, but still not eating.

He ate a small handful more and has stopped again :roll: But is tucking into some hay now, so that's good.

Last edited:
Charlie sometimes just doesn't fancy veg. I offer him one of his naughty treats :oops: and when he takes that I'm satisfied that he was expecting a bickie and was just upset that it was something healthy!

Normally they view their veg as a treat!! :lol: Usually they will tuck in, leave it for a while and then come back later for a bit more but I guess he just didn't fancy it straight away tonight. I had to take it (and him) out though otherwise there wouldn't have been any left! :lol:

I'm feeling much better now he's tucking into hay. Him turning his nose up at that is unusual too.

This is kinda what Rimmi was like when he was worrying me except he was always lying down as though he was really tired and he perked up and was normal 30 mins after.... odd. I think buns are a bit odd every now and again. Keep an eye on how much he eats and how hes acting. Sometimes buns know what they need..... just give them a fresh handful of hay and see if he goes for that.... sometimes even Rimmi shows no interest in pellets and just wants hay! :shock:

Yes he kept lying down. He laid down in his corner on his t-shirt and then went up on the vetbed and sat there, then came back down to his corner and laid down.

Since his run around he's been much more himself.

once that happened to my bunnies, but they wouldnt eat anything, they'd just flop, get up, move to another place, then flop again, and their stomachs felt really firm and bloated, ends up being they had colic......hope your bun is ok

He's been fine this morning. All over his pellets as usual. A couple got caught under the bars and he was trying to get them out. I felt his tummy last night and it seemed fine.

I'm going to give him a brush today anyway though in case he'd ingested some fur and it had got stuck.

Back