• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can you tell whether your rabbit is a dwarf lop or mini lop?

Mel D

Warren Scout
Hello, I was wandering whether my bunny Snowy is a dwarf lop or a mini lop because I have seen loads of dwarf lops and they are huge.
Snowy is very small compared to them and his fur is quite soft too.
Does anyone know the difference?

Do you have pictures and weights?

Mini lops are the true dwarfs, large head, big eyes, short ears and body. Dwarf lops don't have the dwarf gene, but they did look like dwarfs compared to the Frenchie when they were named.

If Snowy is 2.7kg id say he was a dwarf lop :) My 2 dwarf lops are 2.3 and 2.5kg :) Mini's are generally much smaller :) xXx

:lol: Robert's no fatty though, well, a bit, but he's a dental bun so I try to keep him fatter. :oops: I have to admit to never seeing a true lionhead though, is that why he's bigger?

Our Dwarfs weigh between 2.3 and 2.7kg...our Mini lops weigh between 1.3 and 1.6kg

I would say that Snowy is a Dwarf lop :D

Thanks I guess he must be a dwarf lop but I have seen some that are twice the size of him.
Here is a picture of him relaxing.
DSCF2201.jpg

A lot of the 'dwarf lops' are cross breeds, so yes a lot probably do seem a lot bigger :)

yup the do vary. 'i have one who is about 2.25kg and one who is about 2.75 kg. Mini's are usually just a bit bigger than neddies, around 1.5kg

Thanks I guess he must be a dwarf lop but I have seen some that are twice the size of him.
Here is a picture of him relaxing.
DSCF2201.jpg

Sorry I can't help with the judging of his breed but awwwww! :love::love::love: He's so so cute! :love::love:

He looks like his ears have been dipped in toffee!!

Back