• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anyone else....

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
...a bit OCD when it comes to the cleanliness of their buns? I have to clean mine out in a certain way and love setting it up when its tidy and giving them different hays etc and then hoovering so its spotless...... I hoover the livingroom (their home) most days, thoroughly, I dont like the thought of them getting bits of dust up their noses!!

Am I the only one that takes such pleasure in doing so? Lol!!

:lol:I'm the same! I love it when I have cleaned out the playhouse and it looks all fresh. Then they jump in and wreck it:lol:!

My boys' cage is always sparkling! Unlike my bedroom... :lol:

Last edited:
yes in past whenever i spent one night away i hated coming home to find that their cleanlessness hadn't been kept to my standard by mum :oops:

I'm the same have to do the cleaning in a certain order and enjoy setting it all up when it has been cleaned out.

Me too, i like seeing the hutch look clean and tidy, it looks fresh...and then the minute the buns are put inside it, BOOM! its a mess again:lol:

..... If I had a quid for every time I've straightened their cardboard box and slid it back into the corner where it belongs ........

As 2 of mine are in the house I like them to be spotless. They are both free range in different rooms so isnt much to tidy other than their litter trays.

It's not me that's OCD. It's my bunnies who are. :roll: They ALL have different, specific toilet area requirements and if these are not met then they have and will trash the place and pretend to forget to use their litter trays in revenge. If I am ever sick and need help cleaning them, I have to either write out detailed instructions per hutch and bunny, or else explain and try not to feel too embarrassed that I pander to their weird whims. :oops: Honestly... One of them will not use his litter tray if it is not padded around with megazorb to keep it in the place. One of my girly buns will kick megazorb all over if she feels there is not absolute minimal in her tray... They're so demanding!!

It's not me that's OCD. It's my bunnies who are. :roll: They ALL have different, specific toilet area requirements and if these are not met then they have and will trash the place and pretend to forget to use their litter trays in revenge. If I am ever sick and need help cleaning them, I have to either write out detailed instructions per hutch and bunny, or else explain and try not to feel too embarrassed that I pander to their weird whims. :oops: Honestly... One of them will not use his litter tray if it is not padded around with megazorb to keep it in the place. One of my girly buns will kick megazorb all over if she feels there is not absolute minimal in her tray... They're so demanding!!

Yeah, mine too, if the litter box isnt clean, they'll poo in the hay bit..... otherwise they'll poo in the litter box, its hard to keep some things to their standerds too!! :lol:

Yeh, when im away at uni and i come back and mums changed the whole shed i get really funny, and give it a massive clean out and i spend about 3 HOURS on their first clean out after i get back.

I mop out the shed, and just spend way too long, cus ive missed them. Ill make little wicker baskets of different hays etc, and change all the toys, wash all their mats, bowls etc so its pristine. and my mum keeps them perfectly clean, i just need to put my "stamp" back on it

:lol:

Yeh, when im away at uni and i come back and mums changed the whole shed i get really funny, and give it a massive clean out and i spend about 3 HOURS on their first clean out after i get back.

I mop out the shed, and just spend way too long, cus ive missed them. Ill make little wicker baskets of different hays etc, and change all the toys, wash all their mats, bowls etc so its pristine. and my mum keeps them perfectly clean, i just need to put my "stamp" back on it

:lol:

I always spend ages putting different hays in different places too, their fave at the moment is a cola can box that I put different hays in, and those mini cereal boxes.... they always eat their wicker baskets so they havent had one for a while because I cant find any at the range or wilkos and I always get nervous of whether its been treated or not :oops:

At the moment they have a huge thick willow basket its MASSIVE from the bootsale, full of their normal hay with special hay on top, their treat hay! I also bury.sprinkle handfuls of like the herbal garden from PAH in with it so they forage, domino will sit in it for hours, digging, scoffing, then have a sleep, then start all over again

At the moment they have a huge thick willow basket its MASSIVE from the bootsale, full of their normal hay with special hay on top, their treat hay! I also bury.sprinkle handfuls of like the herbal garden from PAH in with it so they forage, domino will sit in it for hours, digging, scoffing, then have a sleep, then start all over again

Rimmi is like that except he will dig the whole lot onto the floor and then go foraging.... cheeky toad... makes such a mess!

I love a nice clean bunneh house...but I'm obsessed with sweeping the garden of hay and sawdust over and over again! :roll:

I like mine to be clean, but I move it around all the time! The only thing that stayed in the same place was Vin's litter tray. Everything else got shifted and she moved it all back :lol: It gave her something to do other than chew my things :roll:

Back