• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeders

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
I am trying to find out what the codes on a breeders ring stands for, I have tried the BRC but they were unable to assist, is there a breeder or anyone on here that can help please?

I'll use an example of 09D00300.

The 09 is the year in which the rabbit was rung.

D is the size. Different breeds have different sizes.

00300 means the ring on your rabbits leg is the 300th 09D rung purchased.

The ring numbers are registered to their breeder, or a new owner if they have gone through the BRC and transfered the ring number into their name.

A vet should be able to remove the ring, or you can get a strong pair of wire cutters or tin snips. It's adviseable for rabbits that are pets only, as they tend to be overfed.

Last edited:
I'll use an example of 09D00300.

The 09 is the year in which the rabbit was rung.

D is the size. Different breeds have different sizes.

00300 means the ring on your rabbits leg is the 300th 09D rung purchased.

The ring numbers are registered to their breeder, or a new owner if they have gone through the BRC and transfered the ring number into their name.

A vet should be able to remove the ring, or you can get a strong pair of wire cutters or tin snips. It's adviseable for rabbits that are pets only, as they tend to be overfed.
you beat me to it.although this years rings are bloody strong!:lol:

The one I have is

BRC 07 X 036

So that doesn't match what you say does it? or am I some numbers missing?

The one I have is

BRC 07 X 036

So that doesn't match what you say does it? or am I some numbers missing?

The D I used as an example is used for many breeds, the X is just for netherland dwarfs so I imagine they wont need as many numbers.

Back