• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free ranging bunnies....please help!

CinnamonAndNutmeg

Warren Scout
my buns both have a run which is a reasonable size, but i can see in their eyes that they want to zoom around the garden binkying and doing the crazy stuff that they do, but our garden has lots of bushes and a slightly raised area going around the outside of the garden, and its covered in tall trees and hiding places in which hoomins cant get into, but bunnies can. And theres a pond (but on a raised area, higher than the raised area going around the garden)so im kind of afraid, any advice?Sorry if its kind of confusing...

thank you:)

Hi there, I know what you mean - it's lovely to see them free ranging :D

If hoomins can't get into some of the places I'm guessing there's no need for them to? In which case can you get some weld mesh and fence those bits off? The foliage would soon grow through the holes and diguise it (if you're worried about how it looks). We've attached strips of mesh to the bottom of gates etc so the buns can't slither underneath things, you can do the same to sheds etc. Not sure about the pond though, no experience of those & buns.

thank you for replying, but you see we had another bun bobby..(who unfortuanetly died) but he free ranged, and i think he knew that the pond was a no- go area, but the buns i have now.....well lets say their a bit more nosier than bobby.....

i get what you mean....:D

Back