• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Helga- more piccies, post 13..

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
She is severely overweight, and has urine scald and cystitis because of it and stress. I think she will be a lovely girl once we put her on a diet.
007.jpg

The other extreme- Pudding, who has put on half a kilo since coming to live with us, still a long way to go for her too.
015.jpg

Last edited:
To put things into prespective- they should both weight about 3.5 - 4.5 kgs.

Pudding weighed 1.79, 6 weeks ago,and is now 2.33,.
Molly is 8kg.:shock:

To put things into prespective- they should both weight about 3.5 - 4.5 kgs.

Pudding weighed 1.79, 6 weeks ago,and is now 2.33,.
Molly is 8kg.:shock:

:shock: No wonder why Molly has cystitis! :shock:
I'm glad that Pudding has started to put on weight! :D

Molly has now been renamed Helga.:lol:

We think it suits her- it means holy, sacred or successful- we hope she is successful on her diet.
I also makes me think of a norse matriach, which also suits her.:D

Helga's ( Molly) owner came into my work today with a bunch of flowers as a thank you for taking her in. The card said she will miss her, but Molly will be happier with us, away from her children. So, I think I was right in thinking part of her problem was stress- I wonder if she is a comfort eater.

I've just given Helga a bath.:shock:
I bought some antibacterial, no rinse shampoo from P@H, and it seems to be very effective. We have to wash Helga's bum because she is so fat she can't clean herself and she was getting smelly again, she was bathed on Friday by the vet before she came here. Her hair is also matted, again because she can't groom, I gave her a bit of a comb and I'm sure she will feel so much better now some of the clumps have gone. She should be white but most of her looks grey- I'm quite excited to see if she looks better once she dries.

I feel so sorry for her, I was giving her a scratch and she wanted to roll on her back and was too fat. We took in a dog who was 50% heavier than she should have been about 10 years ago ( she is no longer with us) and I thought she was awful, but Helga is 100% heavier than she should be- its amazing that she can still get up on the sofa.:(

Last edited:
:shock: Poor Helga! Really hoping she'll feel better when she's slimmed a little :) :love:

Lovely to see little Pudding again too :love: So pleased she's put some weight on :)

They are just adorable, wishing them every succes on their diets to gain and loose. Don't envy your job of keeping them away from food/giving extra away from the rest. I know how hard it can be. :lol:

Pudding is in with the rest and pushes everybody out of the way, she then goes round all the other bowls eating up what everybody else has left.:lol:

Helga is in the spare room for the next month or so, until we can get her cystitis cured, her FIV/Felv tested and take off a bit of weight. I suspect she will lose weight once out with the others because she will move around more- especially when Candy wants her out of the way.:roll:

the most complicated feed is Spice because she has to be fed in the bathroom ( the only animal free room in the house). We have to blend her food with cat milk, until it is like cream and then take time to prompt her to eat, once she has had a bit- sometimes she nods off and you have to remind her its feeding time.:lol:

Just thought I'd show you how bad Helga is-

009.jpg

and her poor bottom, the dark bit was all inflammed and sore with urine scald.
008.jpg

The other extreme- Pudding.
022.jpg

023.jpg

Back