• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Katie- new piccies

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
This is Katie , who we took home tonight. Her eyes are a lot worse than this, but didn't want to stress her by doing any more than this.

I will get some more photos later on, although hopefully her eyes improve over time.
017-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh, ouchie! Poor Katie - her eyes look so sore! :( I really hope you'll be able to make her look a bit more comfortable.

Sending her lots of cuddles! :wave:

Poor baby :( I have bunnys with eye problems that wont go away, god forbid they ever look like that. One seriously neglected little bunny. *lots of vibes!*

Oooooh poor little girl that looks so so sore. I am glad she is with you now and can get the treatment she needs to make her comfortable. x

Katie seems to be a lovely bunny, her third eyelids have heamorrhaged while getting her bottom cleaned by her previous owner. She is overweight and was being fed excel and kale ( the vet did advise hay previously but not sure if she has been given it).

She has been bred from and is unvaccinated. The owner has, I believe worked hard to keep her bottom clean, and rehomed her because she couldn't cope anymore, especially when her eyes went like this. I suspect she would have been PTS if we hadn't taken her.

Her eyes bulge scarily when being handled, but she will prostrate herself when you put your hand in to stroke her. None of my rabbits are like this, some like a pet and nose rubs but they pretty much head off when they want rather than just lie there. I can't decide if she is very submissive or terrified. Her bum is a bit dirty today, but I'm scared to clean it, she is in the house and there are no flies around, so I'm tempted to leave her for a couple of days to let her settle and hopefully her eyes heal a bit more. Do you think that is a good idea?

She is on metacam, once a day and we have to put lacrilube in her eyes 5-6 times a day- she can't close her eyes properly because of the swelling and the very swollen third eyelids are drying out. She does look a lot better today, I'm not picking her up to give the drops but holding her on the ground and adding them from there. She will be a pretty girl once her eyes return to normal- at least I hope they will, but it appears she has had problems with her eyes since a baby, and at one point the vet thought her tear ducts hadn't properly formed, although not tests had been done to confirm this.

You are doing a wonderful job, what a gorgeous bun, i really hope she gets better soon. xxxxxxxxxxxxx:love:

Some more piccies of Katie, has anybody seen anything like this?
001-1.jpg

As you can see, she is a bit overweight-
063.jpg

:shock:

The poor little girl. I started to fill up with tears looking at that last picture. She must be in so much pain. I hope you manage to solve it for her.

I know, I'm almost scared to handle her. She seems a lot brighter today, and if you can believe it her eyes were worse on Friday.

Back