• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have yet another very sick Rabbit, Brian with acute bloat :cry:

Whilst I 'cope' with the practicalities of caring for extremely ill Rabbits I am finding that coping emotionally is just getting harder and harder :cry:

This thread isn't to get sympathy, although I am sure that's how it seems.
I dont even know why I am posting it really. I just feel so awful and like I want to hide away from all the worry, stress and sadness.

Just to tell someone your problems can help, i understand it wasnt sympathy you wanted you just needed to tell some one, who whoever they are that understands.
I do hope bunny recovers soon.
I understand what you are going through.

*hugs* i have three poorly bunnys with eye problems, which just wont go away with treatment and one with snuffles. It seems like a never-ending task dealing with them trying to help them recover. I totally understand how stressful and draining it can be. *Sending you healing vibes & your buns** x

Lots and lots of vibes for Brian and for you. Dealing with ill bunnies is so draining, these bunnies really do like to pull on our heartstrings.

Thinking of you xx

Brian is not responding to medical treatment
He will be either having very high risk surgery this morning or he will be PTS :cry: :cry:

Eddie had another seizure at 3am. He now has a major flare up of his respiratory problems and is very poorly.

We will be at C's for 9am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hi,
Sorry to jump into this thread but i'm new here and im struggling to find how to create a new one!
I have (had 2) beautifull buns, brother and sister, they were kept together and free run of the garden, anyhow, the day before yesterday 'fred' started to look forlorn and uninterested in any herbs, fruit or veg that i took out to them, usualy he is like a bullet out of a gun when he see's me coming, so, i kept an eye on him, but he got worse so took him tot he vets yesterday who diagnosed constipation (i hadn't even noticed) feel so awful about it but up until the day before yesterday he was fine and his usual happy self, the vet gave him a jab and me some electrolite meds to syring feed him with, he went downhill fast and i tortured with myself f to bring him in the house overnight, on consulting the vet he recomended leaving him with his sister... which is what i have done, poor Fred slipped away between 12am and 4.30 this morning, (gonna miss his happy chirpy little face each day :cry:) so my next question is how long shold i leave him in the hutch so that his sister can get used to him going, i dont want to distress her by either taking him too soon or leaving hime there for too long???

He is going to be buried under a lovely dandelion patch whitch i shall plant some parsley on for buttercup to nibble on

Many thanks for your help

Missing you already my freddy frops xxx

He will be either having very high risk surgery this morning or he will be PTS :cry: :cry:

Eddie had another seizure at 3am. He now has a major flare up of his respiratory problems and is very poorly.

Im so sorry Jane,I cant understand how you cope going from one sick bun to the next,sending a massive cyber hug your way.Sending massive vibes Brian and Eddies way xxxxxx

So sorry. Sending vibes for Brian and Eddie, and another big hug for you ((((:)love:))))).

Hi,
Sorry to jump into this thread but i'm new here and im struggling to find how to create a new one!
I have (had 2) beautifull buns, brother and sister, they were kept together and free run of the garden, anyhow, the day before yesterday 'fred' started to look forlorn and uninterested in any herbs, fruit or veg that i took out to them, usualy he is like a bullet out of a gun when he see's me coming, so, i kept an eye on him, but he got worse so took him tot he vets yesterday who diagnosed constipation (i hadn't even noticed) feel so awful about it but up until the day before yesterday he was fine and his usual happy self, the vet gave him a jab and me some electrolite meds to syring feed him with, he went downhill fast and i tortured with myself f to bring him in the house overnight, on consulting the vet he recomended leaving him with his sister... which is what i have done, poor Fred slipped away between 12am and 4.30 this morning, (gonna miss his happy chirpy little face each day :cry:) so my next question is how long shold i leave him in the hutch so that his sister can get used to him going, i dont want to distress her by either taking him too soon or leaving hime there for too long???

He is going to be buried under a lovely dandelion patch whitch i shall plant some parsley on for buttercup to nibble on

Many thanks for your help

Missing you already my freddy frops xxx

Im so sorry for your loss.Sleep tight Freddy frops xxxxxx
To start a new thread,click on the rabbits United Forum logo which is underlined on the top left hand side of the page,you will then get a list of titles,click on one and at the top of the page it will say New thread,click on that and you will have a box to write in.

I'm so sorry you're finding it hard at the moment Jane!!:( Loads of vibes and best wishes for you and the bunsters! :love::love:

Back