• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pansy - post-spay complications (emergency op) - all is well, so far

Tracy

Warren Veteran
I've just taken my three girls for their second post-spay check up and Pansy has to have an emergency op this evening as she has a hernia. :( The other two are fine, but have stayed at the vets with Pansy.

Pansy is the one whose uterus was abnormal on one side and she only has 1 kidney. She bounced back from the op much quicker than the other two and has been perfectly fine and eating really well. I was stunned to find out that she's not OK. :(

Please keep your fingers and paws crossed for my little girl.

I'm now sitting by the phone waiting for a call from my vet. I'm so worried. :(

I'll update as soon as I hear anything.

Tracy
x

Last edited:
Vibes for Pansy and thinking about you Tracy. I'm sure she will be fine but i know what it's like waiting xx

Pansy is just coming round from the op. All went well and she has been 'repaired'.

I have to wait until 9.30 to find out whether she can come home tonight or whether she is going to be staying in until tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your vibes. :wave:

Tracy
x

Bless her Tracy, poor wee Pansy :cry:

Glad her op has gone ok - thinking of you all & hoping she can come home soon xxx

Thanks everyone :)

Pansy is now home. :D. She's started munching already and apart from being a bit sleepy, she looks happy and comfortable.

The three of them are in a pen in our spare room so I'll be able to keep an eye on her. They are all snuggled together at the moment. :love:

Pansy has to go back to be checked on Monday.

What a day!! Herbie was in for his regular dental today as well, so I've had him recovering too. Luckily he bounces back really quickly, so he was back to normal and munching in no time. :)

Juat a little update....Pansy is doing really well. She's eating normally and looking happy and relaxed.

I'm keeping her in our spare bedroom in a pen for the time being, just to make sure that she doesn't get up to any mischief as I'm nervous in case it happens again.

Here's a pic taken earlier this evening. Pansy is the one in the middle lying completely stretched out. :love:

Pansy%20recovering.JPG

Back