• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this big enough

the largest

The largest would be fine, yes. HOWEVER, I personally would not buy one, as they also make 3ft ones - basically a bunny prison. If I were you I'd spend my money on a company which only produces decent sized hutches, therefore supporting awareness of animal welfare, as opposed to animal cruelty.

yeah I do agree with this Hoppit, but I've never seen a place that sells only 6ft and above hutches, they all sell a range of both. has anyone else?

i have been searching the web for a few days ( not all day obviously) and that is one of the only hutches i can find (6ft 4ft)ish or good enough for two buns. if anyone has any links to some good sizes i would gladly look, i do understand that if they are advertsing some VERY small hutches which means they arent interested in rabbit welfare.

thanks
ash&crystal

ive seen some good 1s on ebay. i have seen 4ft hutches advertised in places lke wilkinsons as large :shock:...

its disgusting how they advertise them as large people seem to think rabbits sit in one spot all day they dont run around I couldnt imagine my rabbit staying in small space all its life but some people actually buy them:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Do you know any carpenters who might make one for you? It'd be a pricey way of doing it, is the only trouble.

Nope, too small. Large open spaces are much better than lots of levels and holes - you can add them yourself later. I have 3 buns in a 4x4 wendyhouse with shelves and an attached 6ft run. You can get 5ft wendyhouses on ebay cheaper than most 6ft hutches, and add shelves and a run to give them more overall space than a hutch, without having to buy a massive shed that takes up the garden. I love my wendyhouse because it looks nice, doesnt block out the light in the garden, enclosed enough to keep the bunnies warm but enough space for them not to be crowded.

Nope, too small. Large open spaces are much better than lots of levels and holes - you can add them yourself later. I have 3 buns in a 4x4 wendyhouse with shelves and an attached 6ft run. You can get 5ft wendyhouses on ebay cheaper than most 6ft hutches, and add shelves and a run to give them more overall space than a hutch, without having to buy a massive shed that takes up the garden. I love my wendyhouse because it looks nice, doesnt block out the light in the garden, enclosed enough to keep the bunnies warm but enough space for them not to be crowded.

Agree with all of this plus the wood that these type of hutches are made of (normally Chinese fir) is very lightweight and poor quality. It won't last five minutes as it doesn't weather well at all and is very easily chewed.

A manufacturer (well a guy in a stone barn in Cornwall) has just made me some new hutches and they are guaranteed for 10 years. Very, very heavy and can be made to fit your space. I opted for 7x3x2 1/2 foot in two storeys (so about 6ft tall total), two blocks (for boarding). I am thrilled with them and whilst not cheap, they are worth every penny.

I can recommend him. Kernow Pet Housing.

This is an older one (about 6 years old) that I already had.

KernowPetHousing6x3x3Double002-1.jpg

These are the new ones (not set up yet). Photo is deceptive as they are huge.

Erected004.jpg

Back