• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby bunny's:feeding or not

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
I am worried my 3 week old baby bunny's or nnot feeding from there mum, because when i feed her in the morning all the baby's come running up to feed on it, also it is for 16 weeks old and they still eat it i have tried seperating mum for feeding but she just runs back to her babies and i am worried if the babys arent feeding they will starve, every morning they eat with mum and if they arent feeding off mum they could die.

am i just being over dramatic and they are fine

or does this sound like they arent being fed?

ash&crystal

i would think tis more that they are learnign to eat non milk foods that is not to say mum isnt feeding tethm as well, i expect tis ust exploring but sure someone with experiance wil lcome along sortly with a better answer x

As far as I know, rabbit mothers feed their babies only once a day, and leave them alone for the rest of the daytime. As long as the babies look healthy and gain weight, then it should be ok if they nibble some of their mother's food. They want to copy her.

Back