• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is my rabbit strange??!

Rox

Young Bun
Hello everyone,
I unfortunately caught my rabbit eating a live woodlouse yesterday. It was quite disgusting! Is this normal? And will it cause her any harm? Poor woodlouse!
:shock:

Oh no, I don't know what's worse. I quite like woodlice but am terrified of spiders, no matter how useful they are! :roll:

Ewww! I thought bunnies were vegetablearians?! I'm sure the little monkey will be ok though (the bun not the woodlouse :shock:)

I know - so did I but she hoovered the poor mite up pretty quick. Will be guarding my bacon butties in future!;)

I saw my little Tommy gobble up a beetle from the bedroom carpet a year or so ago .... thought that was quite strange at the time ... it seems it's not as rare as we thought! :lol:

I saw my little Tommy gobble up a beetle from the bedroom carpet a year or so ago .... thought that was quite strange at the time ... it seems it's not as rare as we thought! :lol:

I'm guessing Tommy is your bunny and not your son :lol::lol::lol:

i often wonder how many tiny caterpillars and baby slugs amongst other things they murt accidently eat that is amongst the fresh wild leaves i feed them. Parhaps a tiny bit of protien is good for them, like the wild bunnies would get.
I often see mine eating spider web:?

Hahaha, I was devestated enough seeing my maisy eat a woodlice let alone my son! Yes, I think I've seen her nibbling on a spider web too - urgh. We have a bit of a problem with woodlice coming in at the moment so maybe Maisy is the answer! :roll:

Hahaha, I was devestated enough seeing my maisy eat a woodlice let alone my son! Yes, I think I've seen her nibbling on a spider web too - urgh. We have a bit of a problem with woodlice coming in at the moment so maybe Maisy is the answer! :roll:

Who's nibbling on a spider web? Your daughter?! Getting confused now :lol::lol:

I used to eat live woodlice when I was a toddler :mrgreen:
Yep my Mum reports that I did that too!
Also animal poo off my Dads work boots :mrgreen::mrgreen:
In theory we & the OP's bun should have awesome immune systems :lol:

I wouldn't have thought it was that unusual, they will pick up insects all the time in the wild and I guess a woodlouse looks a bit like a moving science selective pellet :)

Back