• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should...

Bunny water bottles drip a lot :? I'm sure it didn't used to drip like this :?

I'm thinking of buying a new one, but that's a bit silly if they do drip.

ETA-and what size is best? for one indoor bunny? 150ml/320ml/600ml?

Well they all drip a little bit, but if the water level is significantly affected I would replace the bottle.

Are you filling the bottle all the way to the top? You have to do that otherwise they say it will drip a lot.

Well they all drip a little bit, but if the water level is significantly affected I would replace the bottle.

Are you filling the bottle all the way to the top? You have to do that otherwise they say it will drip a lot.

Yes I do fill to the top.

I had Princess out and I picked up her bottle and within seconds there was a puddle on the floor :shock:

I don't want Princess to be swimming, or to not get water.

They can start to drip as the water level drops (it's something to do with air pressure/temperature in the bottle i think) although this is normally reduced if it is filled right to the top to begin with. If it's really coming out in large amounts it probably is faulty so worth getting a new one, i know the one that came with the ferplast cage we've got was pretty rubbish and leaky but the "bunny bottle" brand one has been fine.

I have always had trouble with the 'normal' plastic bottles everyone uses.

We went out and brought a better one. Its bigger, thicker, fits on the hutch better and doesnt leak! I haven't seen it online or anywhere so cant really explain it.

Ill be getting another one soon, to teach George how to drink out of a bottle :roll:

They all leak at some point. The trick is that they must be full right to the top each time to form a vacuumn. Temperature change can also affect it so I try to make sure they are well insulated in winter, and shaded in the summer.
You could get a tiny little bird feeder on hooks to but underneath to catch the drips if you are worried.

Back