• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding 6 rabbits today!

Squizz

Alpha Buck
I am stuck in the kitchen all day today bonding our 6 outdoor buns, who were previously a pair and a foursome.

It is going quite well, just that two of the boys keep fighting - I knew they would be the problem 2! actually it is just the aptly named Rocky that keeps annoying all the others.

I currently have two carriers in the pen with them, which they like hiding in (apart from the two problems boys!) should in leave them in, or remove them to force more interaction??

Can't offer any advice, just wanted to wish you luck! I had never appreciated how emotional bonding is until I started trying it. I swear it's more upsetting for the owners than the bunnies! If you can bond a 6 that gives me greater hope I'll make headway with my foursome!

Can't offer any advice, just wanted to wish you luck! I had never appreciated how emotional bonding is until I started trying it. I swear it's more upsetting for the owners than the bunnies! If you can bond a 6 that gives me greater hope I'll make headway with my foursome!

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes! not much sign of love at the moment, but the thing I am pleased about is that the existing bonds haven't broken down. So if this doesn't work - at least we can still go back to the original groups. I just have to keep reminding myself that these things take time!

Anything that anyone is dominating should be removed.

When ever I bond if I use litter trays and someone takes ownership, I remove it. It causes less stress and rivalry

Anything that anyone is dominating should be removed.

When ever I bond if I use litter trays and someone takes ownership, I remove it. It causes less stress and rivalry

yeah I ended up taking the carriers away early on as Poppy had claimed one of them as hers. I now have rabbits in each corner of the pen, being territorial over it - aaargh!

I bonded 6 off my lot a few weeks ago ....its normal for them claiming corners ect for themself I fould putting there hay and food in a different corner sorted this out ...I am moving my 6 outside this weekend after them being in a pen for 3 weeks ... they have been outside in the run what they enjoed and they weren't any chasing and fighting so I hope it goes well

Good luck on your bonding I know I have more grey hairs since I started mine but I am glad I stuck it out

I am stuck in the kitchen all day today bonding our 6 outdoor buns, who were previously a pair and a foursome.

It is going quite well, just that two of the boys keep fighting - I knew they would be the problem 2! actually it is just the aptly named Rocky that keeps annoying all the others.

I currently have two carriers in the pen with them, which they like hiding in (apart from the two problems boys!) should in leave them in, or remove them to force more interaction??

All I wanted to add to this thread is ...... are you mad?!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I dont like carriers or litter trays for the first few days just incase somebun claims them or else wont let another bun come out of them.

Back