• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny found running down my street! *UPDATE post 32*

Shell

Alpha Buck
About an hour ago my neighbour knocked at my door to ask if one of my buns had escaped. I went out to have a look at there was a rabbit running down the street identical to my Lola :shock: I nearly had heart failure!! We chased her down his alleyway and managed to block her into a corner. She turned round and I realised it wasn't Lola as this one has a large dewlap.

Managed to get hold of her and I now have her settled indoors in a spare cage. Her claws were reallyyy long so i've clipped them, she has 2 scabs on her back and some fur missing from the inside of her legs from urine scald.

So now just waiting to see if anyone comes knocking for her, neighbours are going to put a sign up tomorrow :)

If no one comes, I have no idea what I am going to do with her :shock:

Here she is:

SDC12005.jpg

You can see why I thought it was Lola:

DSCF0022.jpg

Last edited:
:shock: I can see why you thought it was Lola! Where did you get Lola from, maybe they are related?

If I were you I'd get her to the vets for a check up, and if no one claims her I'd get her neutered and vaccinated and find her a new home?

WOW! They could be twins! Shes so lucky you found her, im sure she will look forward to a nice warm sleep x

She looks a little bit like my Lola too, although more like yours!

IMG_2409.jpg

Good luck with her and well done for getting hold of her!

She is so pretty and lovely! :love: Although you havent got room for her, I hope that her owners dont come for her, because maybe they havent looked after her as well as she could/should be (sorry if thats really judgemental of me, just my initial reaction :oops:)

She looks just like your bun Lola! What a coincidence.

I see you're in Nottinghamshire. Where abouts are you? If her owners don't turn up I could possibly take her if you don't fall head over heels for her. She looks beautiful. :love:

She is so pretty and lovely! :love: Although you havent got room for her, I hope that her owners dont come for her, because maybe they havent looked after her as well as she could/should be (sorry if thats really judgemental of me, just my initial reaction :oops:)

She looks just like your bun Lola! What a coincidence.

I did think the same, I'd feel a bit sad handing her back to someone that hasn't cared for her as well as they should have.

Awwwwww she's very pretty :love:

I hope she hasn't got any surprises in her abdomen.............. :shock:

I never even considered that :shock:

Aww she's gorgeous she looks like my bella b as well

016.jpg

Yes she does :D Theres not many Lola lookalikes about.

I see you're in Nottinghamshire. Where abouts are you? If her owners don't turn up I could possibly take her if you don't fall head over heels for her. She looks beautiful. :love:

I'm in Newark. I shall keep this thread updated and let you know if no one comes for her :)

I wouldn't try too hard to find the owners ;)

Oh and don't but a description on the poster, if someone has lost her they can describe her to you

I had a little bunny that had escaped from my neighbours down the road called ruby. It turned out to be the bunny of a little girl. I'd woken up that morning to find her outside next to my bin- i think she must have been drawn to my lot. I thought she had been abandoned initially. Later another neighbour told me of a bunny running down the road and i told them i had it in a carrier, that it wasn't mine, even though they thought it must have been as i have the "rabbits!". It turns out the owner had just got this bunny and had put her in a run which she had dug out of as she obviously didn't know exactly what care bunnys need- she explained she was going to get a hutch and asked for recommendations off me. It was nice to re-unite the bunny with owners- i was given flowers next day by her and i'm so glad i didn't keep her even though i wanted too.

What an uncanny resemblence! Gosh I think my heart would STOP if any of my two were thought to be running down the street, but seeing that I live 2 floors above a shop, thats quite unlikely!! Lol.

Well done for rescuing her (is it a her??)

Back